AZ Grads of WLS upcoming support group!

JRinAZ
on 2/25/09 7:47 am - Layton, UT

It's about time
Announcing the newest support group!

Smiley University
FOR: all ARIZONA GRADUATES of Weight Loss Surgery who are 1 year or more post op from their original surgery.  Revision pre-ops & post-ops are welcome as well. This support group is under the direction of Joyce (Certified O.H. Leader) who will share the facilitating duties with Peers and guest speakers.

Phoenix St Luke's (the Bridges Education Centre) has offered to host us.  We will meet in the Education patient area of the new College Wing.  It's a lovely facility that is wheelchair and Bariatric accessible.  Parking is well lit and very close.  Security is abundant and helpful.  The address is 1800 E. Van Buren Street in Phoenix.  No worries with the area.  I've been attending this area at night for years!  (You may want to ditch the light rail idea for the ride home though; maybe catch a ride with someone home?)

We will meet the 1st Tuesday of every month at 5:30 pm  (March 3rd) Those of you who wish to join the main support meeting at 6:30 can step out to join that group or you may choose to linger longer with the Grads.

Our format will be casual and chatty and our topics will be "Graduate" themed.  If you want to know how much water you should be drinking or if exercise is good for us then we suggest you stay at home and reread your basic nutrition guidelines!  This group is for the LIFETIME achievers; those who want to be serious about making lifestyle choices for success.

Bring your weight gain, bring your food journals,Famous 19bring your goals, bring your frustrations, bring your buddy, bring your successes and we'll SHARE!!!!

Upcoming topic:  Hot and Sexy comes in all sizes and shapes!

Just for clarity:  FREE to EVERYONE whether you had a sleeve, band, etc....whether you are female or male or not sure, whether you had your surgery in Chicago, Mexico, Russia or even at St Luke's *winks*

*****the only RULES:  there will be NO surgeon bashing, NO program bashing, NO procedure bashing.....but, we're grown ups and discussions of every type will be invited!!!!

DancingWOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!  See you at the next AZ Grads of WLS Support Group Meeting this Tuesday, March 3rd at 5:30 pm  Electric Slide

Note:  You can join the AZ Grads O.H. support group by clicking on the link in my signature line.

This does not replace any of the other existing support groups in the valley.  It is meant as an additional option!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

(deactivated member)
on 2/26/09 11:30 am - Phx, AZ
Joycie:

RE: Your Upcoming topic:  Hot and Sexy comes in all sizes and shapes!

I am sure that is true, but I have a far more pertinent UPCOMING TOPIC that I think should be addressed:

HOT NEW TOPIC: Can SEXINESS result after a bout with hot, foamy, gurgling, noisily-eliminated, and malodorous flatulence followed by spats of diarrea???

I fail to recognize any ONE TIME when I felt sexy following one or more episodes of that, nor did my husband find me any more sexy when our master suite nearly lit afire by the burning of a sweet smelling candle!  Let's be honest here, Joycie..... this is a much more important topic that I feel us Ladies of Revision should discuss, and more like them.  K?  

And oh, by the way, as long as we are discussing Romance, let us explore how a Sharpei can perform its "nocturnal duties" with all that loose skin and still keep its self-respect and confidence!!!  I fail to see the logic in this.

JRinAZ
on 2/26/09 12:43 pm - Layton, UT

Miss Lizzie,
We'll discuss your romantic flatulance at the Revision brunch!  (calling ahead to warn them)

Sharpei issues?  Sounds like you need a little Dr. Mazaheri magic!  LOL!

Leave hubby at home, k?  We have some serious talkin to do! 

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

(deactivated member)
on 2/27/09 7:14 am - Phx, AZ
Ha ha ho ho hee hee.  I had fun w/this one.  What a GAS!!!  OOoooo.  I did order some anti-gassy-odor-pills and I EAGERLY anticipate their arrival!!!  So does my hubby.  I believe I have the one sure thing that can cause us to all go to Defcon One!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Give Liz a piece of WHITE BREAD!  Or SUGAR!!!  ha ha ha. 
JRinAZ
on 3/2/09 3:44 am - Layton, UT

It's about timeAnnouncing the newest support group!

Smiley University
FOR: all ARIZONA GRADUATES of Weight Loss Surgery who are 1 year or more post op from their original surgery.  Revision pre-ops & post-ops are welcome as well. This support group is under the direction of Joyce (Certified O.H. Leader) who will share the facilitating duties with Peers and guest speakers.

Phoenix St Luke's (the Bridges Education Centre) has offered to host us.  We will meet in the Education patient area of the new College Wing.  It's a lovely facility that is wheelchair and Bariatric accessible.  Parking is well lit and very close.  Security is abundant and helpful.  The address is 1800 E. Van Buren Street in Phoenix.  No worries with the area.  I've been attending this area at night for years!  (You may want to ditch the light rail idea for the ride home though; maybe catch a ride with someone home?)

We will meet the 1st Tuesday of every month at 5:30 pm  (March 3rd) Those of you who wish to join the main support meeting at 6:30 can step out to join that group or you may choose to linger longer with the Grads.

Our format will be casual and chatty and our topics will be "Graduate" themed.  If you want to know how much water you should be drinking or if exercise is good for us then we suggest you stay at home and reread your basic nutrition guidelines!  This group is for the LIFETIME achievers; those who want to be serious about making lifestyle choices for success.

Bring your weight gain, bring your food journals,Famous 19bring your goals, bring your frustrations, bring your buddy, bring your successes and we'll SHARE!!!!

Upcoming topic:  Hot and Sexy comes in all sizes and shapes!

Just for clarity:  FREE to EVERYONE whether you had a sleeve, band, etc....whether you are female or male or not sure, whether you had your surgery in Chicago, Mexico, Russia or even at St Luke's *winks*

*****the only RULES:  there will be NO surgeon bashing, NO program bashing, NO procedure bashing.....but, we're grown ups and discussions of every type will be invited!!!!

DancingWOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!  See you at the next AZ Grads of WLS Support Group Meeting this Tuesday, March 3rd at 5:30 pm  Electric Slide

This does not replace any of the other existing support groups in the valley.  It is meant as an additional option!
Deanne K.
on 2/27/09 12:08 pm - Tucson, AZ
Hey Joyce,
Sure wish I could come up for some of those exciting topics, but no such luck.  I am looking forward to the revision support group starting up on the 3rd Saturday.  See you in March.  Hopefully on your side of town in March.
Most Active