Iron Infusion Therapy.... ughhh AGAIN!

MDIASMOORE1969
on 2/21/09 12:05 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
Good thing I had my blood levels done.... iron is low and I have to get iron infusion again.  I dread having to get it done and have no idea where to go for this.  My PCP is looking into where I have to go. 
(deactivated member)
on 2/22/09 8:47 am - AZ
When I had my Iron Transfusions or packed cells I go to Boswell Hospital. My Hematologist was on staff there at the time. They have a outpt unit with beds and TV's. It was very nice and they even gave you lunch if you wanted it. I had a mediport in my chest and it made it easy that no one had to stick me. People were getting chemo and any other IV transfusions. It is a very nice unit. Good Luck.
MDIASMOORE1969
on 2/22/09 9:54 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Thanks Dawn....  I remember when I had it done back in DE and it was at Tunnell Cancer Center with the same setup. 
I am hoping that Banner Good Sam. or St. Joseph's offers it so I don't have to travel far as I live about 5 minutes from St. Joseph's.
Janette
on 2/22/09 10:44 pm - Peoria, AZ
I had iron numerous times and also blood transfusions. Banner Thunderbird outpt unit does them so Good Sam must as its a much bigger medical center.  I know after I have had them I feel sooo much better.

Janette
Most Active