Wt Loss

(deactivated member)
on 2/14/09 11:50 pm - Phx, AZ
Well, the last time I weighed myself was about 5 days ago.  I was 154.  I have felt comfortable with being here, because I am starting to look too thin (for me) and the skin-thing is really starting to sag, emptily.  Ug.

But this a.m. I got on the scale... in just 5 days I have lost 5 more pounds!  I'm at 149.  Honestly, it really startled me!!!  

Well, that's all I have to report for now
JRinAZ
on 2/15/09 5:16 am - Layton, UT
On February 15, 2009 at 7:50 AM Pacific Time, Lizzie wrote:
Well, the last time I weighed myself was about 5 days ago.  I was 154.  I have felt comfortable with being here, because I am starting to look too thin (for me) and the skin-thing is really starting to sag, emptily.  Ug.

But this a.m. I got on the scale... in just 5 days I have lost 5 more pounds!  I'm at 149.  Honestly, it really startled me!!!  

Well, that's all I have to report for now

Miss Lizzie!
I hear what you're saying with the "too thin" look BUT....check out one of those dinosaur insurance charts and you most likely are still within a healthy range.  Embrace those bones!  Buy a seat  cushion to carry around with you!  And....call me so I can get you set up with a consultation for your loosie goosie skin!!!  If you click on Dr. Mazaheri's banner add at the top then it will give you all the office details.  Tell them you want the "Joyce" deal for a consultation and there will NOT  be any charge.  Or, just give me a call....I work out of the ofice most of the time...480.814.7466.

I think new "lows" in our weight requires a lot of mental adjustment.  I had a goal weight in mind when I had my revision and when I soared past that number, I started freaking out!  Focus on nutrition, new clothes, exercise and new clothes!  LOL!  All the other stuff like ...how to deal with men hitting on you and girlie friends or relatives being jealous, etc....takes lots of practice!  Attend support groups so people can confirm your "gorgeousness" and help you through your journey!

I'm going to the Banner Gateway support group this week.  It's Weds at 4:30 and is pysch facilitated!  I LOVE this group!  Join me?  Or are you still in the middle of your work day then?

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

motorhomemama
on 2/16/09 4:31 am - Okotoks, Canada
Hi Joyce.

I am going to  be in Scottsdale Wednesday to see Dr. Engstrom, is Banner Gateway anywhere near there?  I would like to try that group too and then I will see you in Chandler next Tuesday.  I found another bander who has had trouble finding a group and she is coming with me to the Chandler group.

Thanks...Eydie from Alberta
342/298/280175  highest / surgery  wtNov 19/08/ current/ goal
JRinAZ
on 2/16/09 5:14 am - Layton, UT
On February 16, 2009 at 12:31 PM Pacific Time, motorhomemama wrote:
Hi Joyce.

I am going to  be in Scottsdale Wednesday to see Dr. Engstrom, is Banner Gateway anywhere near there?  I would like to try that group too and then I will see you in Chandler next Tuesday.  I found another bander who has had trouble finding a group and she is coming with me to the Chandler group.

Thanks...Eydie from Alberta
Hi there Eydie!
Banner Gateway isn't exactly in the same neighborhood as Scottsdale but if you zip down the 101 and take the 60 East (towards Globe) then you'll exit at Higley.  The hospital is just there on the right off of the exit.  The group meets in a conference room by the cafeteria in the man hospital.  4:30 pm

1900 N. Higley Road
Gilbert, AZ 85234

Chandler is 6 to 7:30.  See you soon!  I look forward to meeting your lapband friend as well
Joyce 

(deactivated member)
on 2/16/09 6:08 am - Phx, AZ
Joycieee:

Good to hear from you... First, where is Banner Gateway???  If it's on the E side, it's too far, altho I could use the PSYCH's advice...on ANY NUMBER OF SUBJECTS!!  So, I'm going to the Schlesinger support group on Sat...on Cave Creek??... I got the info from Lori G at the OH site.

I saw Dr. S (and Jenn) today.  My first reaction to him was: "HEY... what did you do with my butt!!!"  I explained that the Ziplock Look is not good on me...  ha ha.  He said I am doing good...but I found out (from the "replacement doc on Tatum) via a phone call from their nursie... that my Vit A and Calcium are too low...still.  So Dr. S explained that I can't take the capsule form... I did not know that...no one told me.  Ug.  I am having too many ups and downs w/my blood sugars too... why, I dunno.  But I can feel it... I had better 'control' before this revision.  Hmm...

I am now 149... 4 pounds from Goal.  I just lost 5 pounds again last week, like **POOF!!**  It, like last month's 5 lb loss, followed a week+ of NEEDING to consume food every hour or less.  This may be the way it goes for awhile.  Ug.  I haven't been 149 for MANY MANY years.  I don't mind the bones, of which you speak... I DO mind that sags and bags.  Dr. S said that he would prefer any PS to be done after a year-out from the revision...  in fact, I did ask Dr. S if there was a home kit...including a serger and a vacuum... he laughed.  Go figure, no one takes me serious.  Sigh.......

Well, more later, dearie. 
Lizzie from Lizardland (take me serious, please?!)

JRinAZ
on 2/16/09 9:33 am - Layton, UT

Miss Lizzie!
I totally take you seriously!  LOL!  Your ziplock look and my sharpei look have GOT to be taken care of!  A serger and a vacuum are not the preferred weapons of choice though sweetie pie!  How bout an Iron and a carving knife?   The thing about Spanx is that it has to poor out "somewhere" and it's generally in the zone that I want to be showing off! 

Well...enjoy the support group with Dr. Schlesinger.  I'll be enjoying my kids from North Dakota.  They'll be here to thaw out a bit so we'll be doing the Renasaince Festsival on Saturday.  I'll be gnarling down on a smoked turkey leg in my "Lady in Waiting" attire!  Now that'll be a picture!  Yikes!

C U at the AZ Grads group in  March?  1st Tuesday of the month at 5:30, Phx St Luke's.

......I'll be finding out about my blood report card too.  I see Dr. S sometime soon and will hope the Vampires give him good news!  Take your  vitamin A and your Calciums!!!

Joyce 

(deactivated member)
on 2/16/09 11:50 am - Phx, AZ
OH, if skin were like SHINK WRAP!!!  I'd have the biggest, hottest hair dryer in the world!  ha ha ha HA.  So... it's actually the Sharpei look???  ha ha ha.  Thank goodness I was not a Sumo wrestler in my former larger days... I'd be trippin'.....  Ug.  :?  I am actually thinking of a Quik Fix in the meantime..... CLEAR PACKING TAPE!!!!!  It's 1) Strong, 2) Clear, and 3) Packs..... all 3 things is what I need!  I am not into duct tape...that's a man-thing.  Ho ho ho.

I also put in a call to Andi of the Andes... Dr. S was rather insistent, and I know I need to... I need nutritional guidance.  I think I am actually having blood sugar issues... ups and downs... at this stage?  Hmm.

OK..... so the next AZ Grads meeting is Mar 3?  I will really try to make it.  Remind me again of the address... I am a scatterbrain as of late.  I'll remember the date, as our 7th wedding anniversary is the 2nd. 

Well, Lady in Waiting, I'll never look at a Leg of Turkey the same w/o thinking of U.  Interesting concept.  Have fun w/your kiddos.
Most Active