Confused..Need Help re: Dr Schlesinger

Janette
on 2/14/09 1:49 am - Peoria, AZ
I saw Dr S. on Jan 26.  for problems post  WLS. I had gastric bypass July 04 with terrific results and health. Went from 366lbs to 136lbs in 18 months. At 2 yrs out I developed problems and had surgery which unfortunately did not help and my health to this day continues to decline. I was recently hospitalized and 4 sets of xrays/CT scans were uncertain ie: another ventral hernia( I just had 2 repaired last yr) or ? internal hernia. I would not let a general surgeon do surgery with no bariatric skill so I came home from the hospital in acute pain which continues today but is masked by high doses of pain medication. My Primary Dr. highly recommended Dr S for his knowledge and skill re. office vs 1-26. He said I would be a very difficult canidate for surgery but he would review the CD of xrays etc I gave to him and get back to me. On Mon Feb 2 I called his office and instead of taking a msg the girl told me to call back at the end of the week. I emailed Jen Wed  Feb 4 and she replied she would give Dr my chart and he would call me later that day but no response . The next week I started seeing all the posts of what was happening with office change etc. so I emailed Jen at AZwt loss solutions but no response. I now realize she was gone from that email/address by then.  I than left a msg at a 480 968 6007 that Ginau shared and still no response. Soooo now I dont know what to do. Call my PCP Dr Metelits and ask for another referral, ask anyone  here if they know another way to get in touch with Dr S. or can they recommend another bariatric surgeon which I really would not want to do as Dr S not only came so highly recommended but I myself researched him and was very impressed. I am a RN and after > 30 yrs of working full time plus I am now on full SS disability and cant work and having to rely on medicare for insurance Maybe Dr S feels he cant help me and has not had time to get back with me yet.  I dont know what to do!!!!!!!     Janette
ginau
on 2/14/09 5:56 am - mesa, AZ
Janette

As I posted  - the new office is having problems with their phone line. If you would like to p.m. me your  phone # I would be happy to get a msg to Jen and have her call you back. ( I wont list her phone # without her permission)

I would wait till Monday and see if  either of the new phone #'s are working  yet.  plus I believe more office staff will be in on Monday .

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Lori G.
on 2/15/09 11:04 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Dr. Simon's office is also assisting in the phone calls for Dr. Schlesinger until the new offices are completed. You can call 602-264-0910 and leave a message for Jen there if you cannot reach her by other means. I am sure all of this is going to be worked out very soon. Just a transition at this time.

Lori G., BS, RN-C, CBN
Certified Bariatric Nurse & Service Line Coordinator
Certified Obesity Help Support Group Leader
Bariatric Clinical Educator for Paradise Valley Hospital 
602-923-5612  [email protected]                                       
RNYGB 8/2003 (maintained 170# weight loss)

Most Active