Vitamin D Question

Deanne K.
on 2/12/09 10:12 am - Tucson, AZ
HI All,
Just wondering is there anything you can't take the vitamin D supplement with?  We figured out to get the 50,000 units I need to take 2-5,000 tablets at least 5 days a week.  So, I did fine some in town but am looking to replenish the A,D,K.  Do you have any ideas of the best prices out there?
ginau
on 2/12/09 11:03 am - mesa, AZ
Hey - maybe  you should email Vitalady and just pick her brain. She is very helpfull. 

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

JRinAZ
on 2/12/09 11:39 pm - Layton, UT
Deanne,
In early January I committed to good health!  I called Vitalady and asked her to put together an entire package for me.  I knew that shipping was free for $300 orders or more so I told her to give me a $300 pkg.  She mailed the basics with detailed instructions of when to take what and how many of which.  I will take her meds and google "best prices for blah blah blah" to eventually compare prices and order in bulk the right stuff.  But honestly, if it's even close to her prices then I'll always buy from her because she does such a tremendous service to our International community without charge!!!!

In fact, she is coming to Phoenix on her  Vitatour 2009.  I'll send out details as soon as we have them.....considering a dinner/dance with her as the speaker but y'know how she's a no-fuss kind of girl...she likes just shorts and t-shirts and potluck and chatting.....Soooo...let me know if you have any ideas and I'll get it organized and in concrete.    She's already committed to representing Dr. Mazaheri so he'll host the event.  She loves the fact that he is over the top with safety and heeds the special cir****tances needed for complication free surgeries for "us" and our special needs. 

We'll have to see if Dr Schlesinger wants to come too since he supports Vitalady's approach to good post-op health. 

so....in your hunting for vites, just remember that we always need the "DRY" form in our vitamins.  Any oils, including fish oils, etc will slide right through those of us who are DSer's or Erny's.  I can gather many things at Sprouts but I'm not sure they're the best prices.

I'm actually meeting with a nutrition company the end of the month to work on formulating our own vites that fit "our" exact needs.  Wouldn't that be awesome to have a local "one stop' source?  Of course they'd have to make it a real deal to be of interest to me.

Have a blackberry (and I'm not talking about the phone device) and enjoy your Valentine's weekend!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Deanne K.
on 2/12/09 11:48 pm - Tucson, AZ
Hi Joyce,
Thanks for the information.  I was going to order most of them from Vitalady anyway, but it takes about 2 weeks for me to get them, so I had to hunt around to find them, I cannot afford to wait and put my health in further risk, I am struggling with the fatigue and other things already.  New Life had them all, but they are in larger capsules and smaller bottles, so the price is not as good, granted that nothing they sell is simulated, it is as natural as you can get. 

It would be nice to have a one stop shopping place for everything.
Deanne 
Lori G.
on 2/13/09 1:31 am - Phoenix, AZ
Deanna-
FYI that Partners in Bariatric Care (Dr.'s Schlesinger and Simon) will also be carrying the line of Metagenix vitamins and supplements for bariatric patients in the office. Dr. Simon has them currently in his office, but once they get moved to the TSL they will have them stocked there. Jen or I could get them for you if you would like.

Lori G., BS, RN-C, CBN
Certified Bariatric Nurse & Service Line Coordinator
Certified Obesity Help Support Group Leader
Bariatric Clinical Educator for Paradise Valley Hospital 
602-923-5612  [email protected]                                       
RNYGB 8/2003 (maintained 170# weight loss)

Deanne K.
on 2/13/09 1:54 am, edited 2/13/09 12:39 pm - Tucson, AZ
Hi Lori,
Thanks for the information.  I got enough of them last night from New Life, so I am ok for a few weeks on most of them.  I am going to place an order soon.  I will be up there next weekend for the support group, see you then.
Deanne
Most Active