Who owns Arizona Weight Loss Solutions? AZWLS

demps
on 2/11/09 10:39 am

I called today to get a lab slip and was told Dr Schlesinger had moved & left no forwarding address.  Weird.  I looked here and saw all this drama!   Weird.  Then I see DR Gitt putting down my buddy Jenn!  Hold a minute.  Jen Rocks! 
Why is a medical doctor slamming his former employees on a public forum?  What kind of person does this?  Lets put medical/surgical skill aside, Are you trying to lead anyone to believe that you (Dr Gitt) , are not the owner of AZWLS?  Since Dr Schlesinger was YOUR employee, you had the obligation to notify YOUR patients that YOUR employee was leaving and that care would be transfered to another doctor if the patient desired.
Well as a patient, I do NOT desire  any other doctor to assume my care.  I had a DS surgery that I want Dr Schlesinger to continue my care.  I have always had excellent care with him and expect to have the same in the future.  I think its funny that Jenn would refer patients to Dr Gitt and now he is putting her down.  She was good enough for him to hire her when he needed her.  Probably because she is a very kind & caring person.  Something it appears was needed in that office.  She has never been anything other than professional with me or any other patient during my visit.  She really went above and beyond each and every time!  
I personally will be requesting my records be sent to Dr Schlesingers new office and I do not wish to continue my care with AZWLS!  I will not use North Valley Plastic Surgery for any reconstruction surgery if and when the need presents.  I do not support anyone that would put down a wonderful, kind, & caring person like Jenn.  (& Dr schlesinger too)
Shame on you Dr Gitt!  and any other person that feels the need to put down anyone!  As an obese person (actually overweight now) I find it distasteful that other WLS patients would put down any surgeon or a fellow WLS patient!

(deactivated member)
on 2/11/09 11:36 am, edited 2/11/09 11:37 am

Good for you for standing up for a good person and taking a stand against nonsense.  I venture to say that dozens would salute you and even join you if they didn't fear the slams that seem to be surfacing. 

Could ownership of a Bariatric practice by a plastic surgery practice be viewed as a deal breaker to other Bariatric practices who may otherwise consider referring their patient's in that direction?  I could see why that attempt to "clarify" may be important. 

True colors have been shown.  Classy, professional, convincing, et.  I think not.

ScottAZ
on 2/11/09 1:18 pm - Charleston, WV
You are not the only one who will be requesting that their medical records be sent to Dr. S over in Tempe.  And yes Jen does ROCK..... Jen was able to help me get my surgery scheduled and be discharged before my insurance stoped last June after I was laid off.  The other Dr who I was scheduled with would not move up my aug date for anything..

I have and will keep sending people to see Dr S for surgery.  There is no one better in my eyes.

Just want to thank you Dr. S and Jen for what you have done for me and many many others.

Hugs

SCott

Nov 2007 start 6 month diet at 380 lbs 

Deanne K.
on 2/11/09 1:40 pm - Tucson, AZ

I also will be asking for my records to be transferred to Dr. Schlesinger.  Dr. Schlesinger and Jen have really tried to make this transition as seamless as possible, but unfortunately their hands were tied somewhat.  It is great to see such a dedicated team.  Dr. Schlesinger has taken on those of us who have had failures to our surgeries and has done remarkable and lifesaving work. 

Thanks Dr. Schlesinger and Jen for all that you have done for me and I look forward to continuing my Dr./Patient relationship with such a caring team.

I will 100% be a cheerleader of Dr. Schlesinger as the coach of my medical team.

Have a cup of Joe and lets toast to new beginnings.

Christina82581
on 2/11/09 7:17 pm - Laveen, AZ
      I was also sidelined when I went to an appointment with Dr.S. I was told that he had moved to Tempe. I proceeded to see Dr. Heffel who has taken over for Dr. S. I was not impressed at all. He was very sharp and to the point and I was very  uncomfortable with him. I was able to get a number to talk to Jen. She immediately told me to come to see them right then. I drove to Tempe and when I got to the office all of the anxiety that I had all day seeing Dr. Heffel was immediately resolved. As soon as I saw Dr. S I knew that I was going to be okay.
      I have also requested that my records be sent to Dr. S. I will not be seeing Dr. Heffel anymore and also will not use NVPS for any reconstruction. I am appaled that Dr. Gitt or any professional in that position would have the nerve to treat any patients with as much disrespect to not inform them that Their Dr. whom they have entrusted their life to, that they have left the practice. I believe that it has to be about the almighty dollar. 
      Dr. Gitt, you call yourself a professional. I DON"T THINK SO. That could not be farther from the truth. Anyone who has the nerve to try to keep patients from the Dr. that they have entrusted their lives to should be ashamed to even call yourself a professional.
      Also, in my opinion, Dr. S has done nothing but save not only my life, but he has given me back my husband as well. I believe Dr. S is not only a terrific physcian, but a wonderful person as well. I am forever in awe of the exceptional way that he treats his patients and will ever follow him to wherever he goes. 
      I am asking that if anyone has ever been or is currently a patient of Dr. S. and fell the same way I do, speak up now and let it be known exactly how you feel. I have and will continue to do so.

137 Pounds and Counting.
We Are All In This Together!!!
Love and Blessings, Christina

Most Active