Hugggzzz to my old boss!!!

JRinAZ
on 2/11/09 2:26 am - Layton, UT
Dr. Simpson!  You rock!

Thanks so much for the anniversary card.  Hard to believe I am celebrating 6 years TODAY as a WLS post-op!

Just a few highlights as I reflect on SIX years!

....I STILL love....

crossing my legs in the coach airline seats....lowering the tray and having room in my lap for my purse!  Sitting crosslegged at the movie theatre (if I want to), sitting in ANY size booth, taking handfuls of vitamins instead of handfuls of meds with side effects and instead of insulin shots!  ...working in the biz with sooooo many fabulous WLS buds....loving life and looking forward to oodles of bucket list adventures yet ahead!

Kudos to Dr. Zahn for doing my original, Dr. Simpson for helping me "lose the last 30" with healthy choices, Dr. Schlesinger for tweaking my broken body and to all of YOU out there who have become my WLS family and given me sooooo much support! 

Soooooo.......what's everyone doing for Valentine's DAY?  Treating yourself nicely????!!!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 2/11/09 3:09 am - Tucson, AZ
Happy surgiversary Joyce.

Joe and I are planning to go to a movie for Valentine's Day.
Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

JRinAZ
on 2/11/09 8:18 am - Layton, UT
On February 11, 2009 at 11:09 AM Pacific Time, Rebecca (Becky) A. wrote:
Happy surgiversary Joyce.

Joe and I are planning to go to a movie for Valentine's Day.
Thanks Miss Becky!  Enjoy your movie and your sweetheart!  .....  I saw "He's Just Not that into You" last night.....I just wasn't "into it" nor did I like it much!  LOL!  There's a couple of other "girlie" movies though that look fun!

Happy Valentine's friend!
Joyce 

Deanne K.
on 2/11/09 5:14 am - Tucson, AZ
Hey Joyce,
Glad to see you are doing great.  Keep up the great work and I hope to see you at the next support group.  I am planning on being there next week. 
Deanne
JRinAZ
on 2/11/09 8:25 am - Layton, UT
On February 11, 2009 at 1:14 PM Pacific Time, Deanne K. wrote:
Hey Joyce,
Glad to see you are doing great.  Keep up the great work and I hope to see you at the next support group.  I am planning on being there next week. 
Deanne
Hey there Deanne!
I'm so bummed that I'll miss you!  I can't make the support group cuz my kiddos from NORTH  DAKOTA are in town that weekend to thaw out and to let me have oodles of time with my little grandson dude!  Woooo Hoooo!  I love y'all bunches but you just can't compete with my lil grandman!  Maybe at the next Dr. S support mtg?

BTW...I popped into the new Dr. S hangout today.  It's roomy and very nice and felt ohhhhh soooooo comfy.  I'm due for some labs and a check-up soon....Yikes!  The vampires suck out 900 viles of blood these days

C U soon!  Happy Valentines'!
Joyce 

Deanne K.
on 2/11/09 8:36 am - Tucson, AZ
Hey Joyce,
Maybe I can catch you in March, if I can get my appointment rescheduled for that Friday.  I am having Vit. issues and need help with the supplements.  I am waiting to hear the dosages that Dr. Schlesinger wants me to take and how often.  The endo wanted me to take a prescription but we know that won't work as it's an oil base.  I know I am up for labs soon too and sure don't like the vampires either.  I didn't know that the endo ran a vit. d until Monday when they called me.  Go figure, I will have to do it again in about 2 weeks.  I am down A, D, K and now wondering now about the E.  I am sure it's probably low too, but will have to wait until the next set of labs for sure.

Have a great time with your kids and grandson.  I am sure you enjoy having the ability to get around and play with the little ones.  It must bring so much joy.  Happy Valentines Day to you too.  Enjoy time with the hubby.

Deanne
(deactivated member)
on 2/11/09 7:01 am - Phx, AZ
Woo Hoo to You!

Being thinner is still NEW to me... in fact, since my revision, I still "see" myself as fat...in my mind.  Then I look in the mirror and see the baggy clothes I wore just 3 months ago (which werent' baggy then) and know differently.  My favs:

Walking: With more confidence, with swiftness, with rhythm (not the fffrruumpph!), and just plain WALKING.....

Sitting: In smaller chairs, In bigger chairs and feeling smaller, Crossing my legs too, Sitting while WEARING PANTY HOSE and not suffocating!, Sitting in airline seats, Sitting in the passenger seat of my school bus (and at times lying down in one and not falling out as I once did because I was too big to fit).....

Shopping: Finding new and exciting clothing in THRIFT stores (where I can find an abundance now) and get a trunkload for much LE$$ than retail...I have closetsful now!, Looking at an item on the hanger and thinking: "No way...it's too small!" only to have it be too BIG!!!  hee hee

Eating: Finding joy in trying new ways to cook GOOD foods to benefit myself, Not eating and feeling like CRAP like I did when diabetic and on insulin and pills, But just plain eating!  (so what if I poop a lot tomorrow!!!)

Sleeping: Not having parts of me fall asleep before I do, due to poor circulation.  ha ha...

As far as Valentines Day, I don't put a lot of prominence on any certain day... but it is the day my Hunny and I got engaged 7 years ago, so that we wouldn't forget the date.  Probably we will remember our engagement by going out to dinner...Fun!

Joycee:::::  Thanks for giving us lots of positives to think about.
JRinAZ
on 2/11/09 8:29 am - Layton, UT
Hey there Sexy girlfriend!
Your list of faves was so fun to ready through!  Weigh 2 go! 

Congrats to you and your hubby on the engagement anniversary (aka Valentine's Day!) .....good way to make sure the memory can file it away forever!  LOL!

Enjoy!  ......  We'll have to schedule a little shopping trip together..it sounds like you've got some good places to hunt!

Stay tuned for the announcement of an evening at Dress Barn.  They're going to close their store, feed us and then help us select clothes for our new "skinnier" bodies!  FUN Stuff!

Hugggzzz,
Joyce 

(deactivated member)
on 2/11/09 8:55 am - Phx, AZ
Dress Barn???  Yeah, but can you get your stuff there for $1 apiece, like my fav, GW, on Thurs??? 

ginau
on 2/11/09 8:53 pm - mesa, AZ
                         What a sweet man ! !

Not too many Dr"s around that do that type of thing.

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Most Active