Dr Schlesinger - New Phone #

(deactivated member)
on 2/10/09 12:12 pm
It seems the very honest and refreshing surgeon you have referred to is having employees drop like flys.  Perhaps it would be an opportune time for you to submit your resumme?  Your profile indicates that you are in the medical field of some type so you may be just the one to fill his needs.

But then when I heard his presentation, he openly spoke against having surgery of any type in Mexico.  So,  you may possibly have a conflict of interest as well and join the ranks of those going elsewhere.

I doubt we all know much of anything regarding employment shuffles; but it seems pathetic to have it aired on this patient "support" forum.  It seems clear that Dr. Schlesinger has a strong patient following who is happy for his progressive move forward.  Integrity and sincerety is something that is rare and many have seen that side of Dr. Schlesinger immediately and have found it easy to remain in his care as loyal patient's; regardless of which hospital he will be working at or which boss writes his paychecks.

I wish him luck as well.
Deanne K.
on 2/10/09 1:13 pm - Tucson, AZ
I just have to say that as a patient of Dr. Schlesinger's I have to agree with his integrity and sincerity as to his patient care.  He has always been above board in his treatment and business practices, despite the numerous complaints of NVPS and their issues.  

This is not the place to continue to air our complaints about some of the issues with NVPS which there are some, which are not new to Dr. Gitt.  If he doesn't know about these issues, he is living in a state of denial.

NVPS/Dr. Gitt as Dr. Schlesinger's employer should have informed all of us patients of Dr. Schlesinger's intent to leave the practice and offer the services of the competent Dr. Heffel and  the appropriate information to us in order to transfer our care to Dr. Schlesinger if we wished to continue in his care.    I had an issue that needed to be discussed with Dr. Schlesinger and I was not able to do that until today as I couldn't get the appropriate infomation to contact him and yes I did get the same crabby attitude.  I do work in a medical setting and I would never treat a patient or client with this kind of attitude. 

All that we should care about is the truth and the well being of the patients to be taken into account and not the almight dollar. 

I wish well to all the physicans and staff that have been involved in these practices.
(deactivated member)
on 2/11/09 1:32 am - AZ
On February 10, 2009 at 8:12 PM Pacific Time, SnazzyJazzy wrote:
It seems the very honest and refreshing surgeon you have referred to is having employees drop like flys.  Perhaps it would be an opportune time for you to submit your resumme?  Your profile indicates that you are in the medical field of some type so you may be just the one to fill his needs.

But then when I heard his presentation, he openly spoke against having surgery of any type in Mexico.  So,  you may possibly have a conflict of interest as well and join the ranks of those going elsewhere.

I doubt we all know much of anything regarding employment shuffles; but it seems pathetic to have it aired on this patient "support" forum.  It seems clear that Dr. Schlesinger has a strong patient following who is happy for his progressive move forward.  Integrity and sincerety is something that is rare and many have seen that side of Dr. Schlesinger immediately and have found it easy to remain in his care as loyal patient's; regardless of which hospital he will be working at or which boss writes his paychecks.

I wish him luck as well.

Of course doctors in the US aren't going to push people away from their own practice and suggest Mexico.  Are you under the impression they are stupid businessmen?  I went to MX for my WLS and had fantastic care, better than I would have received in the US.

Naww, no desire to work for a US doc.  I'll leave that to you. ;o)

Seems to me that Gitt is finally making some good medical and business decisions.  Good for him.  I'm sure his medical malpractice ins co appreciates his decisions as well.

And speaking of that, how IS Joyce? Is she getting better yet or still an 18BMI after Dr. S did her revision surgery?  And Tom, the band patient that he infected during surgery then misdiagnosed after surgery causing him to have his self paid band removed on an emergency basis and does he still have that feeding tube?  I believe he said he does.

Shall I continue?  Or do you want to end this here and now?

lizp100
on 3/24/09 4:32 pm
WOW, I read this thread with shock and awe. I had an appt with Dr S then 3 weeks later the staff actually called ME to tell me that Dr Schlesinger had left the practice. They offered to send my records to his new office or gave me the option to met Dr Heffel. I did in fact met with Dr Heffel and found a very nice man who spent lots of time with me and seemed absolutely confident. Even with that , he also offered me an option to forward my records to Dr S. if I felt more comfortable because that was who I had originally met with. I thought that was extremely professional.  I am sticking it  out with Dr Heffel. As a pharmacist I am a firm believer in checking the AZ medical board, before anybody touches me. He had a clean record. Plus, I love that he does plastic surgery!
As for the staff, do I miss Jennifer, yes, because she was very compassionate BUT the new girls got it done and got me approved for my revision so they must be doing something right.
To tell you the truth, I did feel abandoned by Dr S. I would have thought he would have told me he was leaving, I mean I was in his office 3 weeks before he left......I would have assumed he knew he was leaving 3 weeks prior to doing so. He should have stopped seeing patients and discussing what "he" would be doing in surgery.  It is not the fault of Dr Gitt, it is the fault of Dr S.  As someone who is new to the office and saw the transition happen right in the middle of their pre-surgery I think I have a valid point. Is Dr S. a great surgeon? I am sure he is, but in my opinion he deceived me a bit in my first appointment and that was very difficult for me to work through because I want to make the best surgery decision. I could care less about this drama, I just want to be alive to see my husband and 5 year-old. Dr heffel was confident with the tough questions I threw out for him. I told him I was not a guinea pig. He then told me about his practice in UCLA and set me at ease.
  At some point I have to put it in God's hands so that is where it will go!
JRinAZ
on 3/25/09 1:35 am - Layton, UT
On March 24, 2009 at 11:32 PM Pacific Time, Liz P. wrote:
WOW, I read this thread with shock and awe. I had an appt with Dr S then 3 weeks later the staff actually called ME to tell me that Dr Schlesinger had left the practice. They offered to send my records to his new office or gave me the option to met Dr Heffel. I did in fact met with Dr Heffel and found a very nice man who spent lots of time with me and seemed absolutely confident. Even with that , he also offered me an option to forward my records to Dr S. if I felt more comfortable because that was who I had originally met with. I thought that was extremely professional.  I am sticking it  out with Dr Heffel. As a pharmacist I am a firm believer in checking the AZ medical board, before anybody touches me. He had a clean record. Plus, I love that he does plastic surgery!
As for the staff, do I miss Jennifer, yes, because she was very compassionate BUT the new girls got it done and got me approved for my revision so they must be doing something right.
To tell you the truth, I did feel abandoned by Dr S. I would have thought he would have told me he was leaving, I mean I was in his office 3 weeks before he left......I would have assumed he knew he was leaving 3 weeks prior to doing so. He should have stopped seeing patients and discussing what "he" would be doing in surgery.  It is not the fault of Dr Gitt, it is the fault of Dr S.  As someone who is new to the office and saw the transition happen right in the middle of their pre-surgery I think I have a valid point. Is Dr S. a great surgeon? I am sure he is, but in my opinion he deceived me a bit in my first appointment and that was very difficult for me to work through because I want to make the best surgery decision. I could care less about this drama, I just want to be alive to see my husband and 5 year-old. Dr heffel was confident with the tough questions I threw out for him. I told him I was not a guinea pig. He then told me about his practice in UCLA and set me at ease.
  At some point I have to put it in God's hands so that is where it will go!
Without knowing details, I can only assume that there are 2 sides to every story and apparently you have been happy with hearing one side.  Some have gone on the attack on this public patient forum and it wasn't Dr. S.  That seems to follow the type of person that I had come to know as a work associate and as my surgeon.  He shows intelligence, kindness and class in all that he does. 

Good luck with your surgery!  Let us know how we can offer support for you!

There's an awesome Educational Seminar on Saturday the 18th of April......many incredible speakers whi*****lude Bariatric surgeons, a plastic surgeon, psychologists and Body Image Consultants......

LOSER'S ROCK!  We'll save you a seat on our bench
Joyce
lizp100
on 3/25/09 5:06 pm

Joyce, I would never seek help on here or elsewhere in Phoenix; with "friends" like this on Obesityhelp.com who the heck needs enemies?  When I joined 11 years ago it was sweet and friendly and people seemed to actually care. I have read thread after thread of this drama play out and it disgusts me. I didn't chose a side, I was left in the dust but Dr S. that is a fact not a one- sided story. Please don't feel like you need to defend Dr S to me. I have really formed no opinion or attachment to anyone like people on here have (which I am sorry  to say but it is creepy). They are surgeons, not Gods. Dr S. left, I met with a replacement, why make my story seem so dramatic? I know Dr S is a great surgeon so please don't think I am bashing him. I just think that he does have a responsibility in this matter. Both sides have fault, end of story. Let's leave it at that. I just wanted to post a positive message with  the fact that Dr Heffel seems very nice and that the office did give me EVERY opportunity to follow Dr S to his new location. I think that was extremely professional. I just can't believe how ugly people are making this whole thing. I am glad I have a job, a family, great friends and a life aside from this forum.....it is scary in here and definitely not for the faint of heart. I will find my post op support elsewhere but thanks for the offer.

JRinAZ
on 3/26/09 2:56 am - Layton, UT
Liz,
I'm sorry that O.H. isn't the sweet and friendly place you found it to be 11 years ago!  I agree!!  I'm sorry that I'm a part of the thread that "disgusts" you!  You're right!  ......"it is scary in here"!  I honestly don't like the ME that has begun engaging in the mud slinging rather than just ducking and stepping aside.   My therapist would say that's "standing up for myself"!  My religious guy would tell me to "turn the other cheek and forgive".  Is there a nice balance?

You deserve that sweet and friendly place!  You deserve support from your surgery home town!  Plz don't let ME be the reason that you keep from seeking support.  ALL of us need support for success with our surgeries!

Can I buy you a healthy mini lunch so we can do some Revision chatter?  I'm 75% nice most of the time, really!!

my apologies and my best wishes that you get some healthy and some skinny and some happy for yourself!

Sincere hugs,
Joyce

jenniebr
on 2/10/09 11:42 am - queen creek, AZ

WOW!  Dr Gitt, Do you really feel this is the proper place for you vent your anger with Dr Schlesinger leaving your practice?  I think I have sat back too long!

Your statement that he did not provide you with a forwarding address is incorrect.  Given the fact that patients were given that info on Friday indicates your lack of truth in the matter. 

Your next statement that he did not notify HIS patients is a clear attempt to discredit him.  You know very well that he was under obligation of the contract he signed with you and your DIRECT order that he not speak of the matter to anyone until you were able to implement your plan to keep AZWLS in business(you repeated this information to me nearly everyday).  As you well know the patient records belong to YOUR practice AZWLS. You further stated you would send all patients a letter informing patients of Dr Schlesingers departure.  Something as the owner of the practice you should have done. You told me personally that you would give any and all patients wanting to know his whereabouts, the information.  You assured me that you would put patient care above all!  This was your time to do the right thing! 

While I understand this is a serious blow to your business, I can not understand why you would ever try to compromise patient care for the sake of making money.  I think you need to DO THE RIGHT THING!  Be honest and gracious! 

Best of luck to you & Dr Heffel!  I know he is a fantastic surgeon!

Jen
Banded 12/15/05
At goal-7/14/06
Total Loss-140 pounds
(deactivated member)
on 2/13/09 10:55 am - AZ
On February 10, 2009 at 7:42 PM Pacific Time, jenniebr wrote:

WOW!  Dr Gitt, Do you really feel this is the proper place for you vent your anger with Dr Schlesinger leaving your practice?  I think I have sat back too long!

Your statement that he did not provide you with a forwarding address is incorrect.  Given the fact that patients were given that info on Friday indicates your lack of truth in the matter. 

Your next statement that he did not notify HIS patients is a clear attempt to discredit him.  You know very well that he was under obligation of the contract he signed with you and your DIRECT order that he not speak of the matter to anyone until you were able to implement your plan to keep AZWLS in business(you repeated this information to me nearly everyday).  As you well know the patient records belong to YOUR practice AZWLS. You further stated you would send all patients a letter informing patients of Dr Schlesingers departure.  Something as the owner of the practice you should have done. You told me personally that you would give any and all patients wanting to know his whereabouts, the information.  You assured me that you would put patient care above all!  This was your time to do the right thing! 

While I understand this is a serious blow to your business, I can not understand why you would ever try to compromise patient care for the sake of making money.  I think you need to DO THE RIGHT THING!  Be honest and gracious! 

Best of luck to you & Dr Heffel!  I know he is a fantastic surgeon!

Impossible.

Let's say that Gitt and Schlesinger did have a contract that Schlessinger could not let his own patients know he was moving and how to contact him... first of all only an idiot would sign such a contract.  More important there is no way such a contract could be enforced.  The AZ state laws overrule the contract.

What Dr. S did was inappropriate, he abandoned his patients and that is a HUGE no-no with the State Medical Board.  He could be in trouble for the board over that one.  It is HIS responsibility to make sure his patients can reach him, it is not Gitt's responsibility, yours, or mine.  Just Schlesinger.  There is no way he would have signed such a contract and there is no way anyone could have held him to such a contract.  I'm surprised you guys are falling for his one.  Do you honestly think a contract can be enforced when it is against the law?  Do you honestly believe your doctor is stupid enough to sign such a document?  A contract that could jeopardize his medical license?  I don't think you are seeing this one clearly.

I don't blame Gitt for defending himself against you people, can you blame him?  Your doctor messed up and you are blaming everyone but the one that did something very wrong.

Did Schlesinger tell YOU he was moving?  Did he give YOU a forwarding address before he up and moved?  No?  So how is pointing out that fact discrediting him?  He did fail to tell his patients how to reach him in a timely manner.  Quit blaming everyone else but the one who is responsible.

After all this nonsense and making up stories, making assumptions, and pretending that a doctor walks on water, do you really blame Gitt for defending himself?

I have a hunch Schlesinger leaving the practice will be nothing but good for Gitt but we may never know one way or another.  If Schlesinger pursues his future as he has done in the past, he'll be leaving his current employment in about a year.  Isn't this his 3-4th change of employment in the same number of years now?

(deactivated member)
on 2/13/09 11:38 am, edited 2/13/09 11:43 am - AZ
Michelle aka MWG,

You are so in the dark. I have known many physician that have left practices that are not allowed to tell his or her patients where they have gone to. This is from experience as being in health care for over 25 years. These are not even my doctor's. Dr Gitt is not going to tell patients where Dr Schlesinger has gone to because he wants to make the money. Dr Gitt knows where Dr Schlesinger is practicing. He has known for a while what his new address and phone number is. As to his employment history you have no clue what the cir****tances were and reason's for him leaving. Dr Gitt does not have to defend himself because alot of people and patients know  the real story about how he does business.Dr Gitt feels he has to defend himself because he wants to keep in business. Do you see Dr Schlesinger ever defend himself online ? He does not have to because he already has a good reputation and your comments don't hold the truth because your not a patient of his.
Most Active