Dr Schlesinger - New Phone #

Garys
on 2/9/09 11:58 am - Mesa, AZ
I am glad that he is closer to home for me.

I hope that they post support group schedules and locations and stuff soon.

I guess I will get to see his new office when I need my next fill.

"Controlling my food,    instead of my food controlling Me!

tochatty
on 2/9/09 5:21 pm - Scottsdale, AZ
Thank you for sharing Jeanna - I was just there to see Dr S not long ago and nothing was mentioned.  I liked this Tatum location as I'm trying to get established with new doc's in the area since the change of my insurance. 

I will have to call and follow up and see where he is located now.

Tochatty (Jennifer) in AZ
Open RNY 07/2000
SW 336, Lowest Weight 185, CW 272
Seeking Revision GBS

Lori G.
on 2/10/09 5:45 am - Phoenix, AZ
Good afternoon-
First Thank you Gina for helping with the information. It has been a period of transition for many of us, so let me assist you with what is happening. As many of you know if you have been in business, there is a time for things. It was not until this week that we could move forward with announcements regarding the changes that were taking place. Tempe St. Lukes made a decision to re-open their Bariatric Services, with Dr. Schlesinger and Dr. Simon practicing at TSL. The name of the program is Partners in Bariatric Care at Tempe St. Lukes. You will find many familiar faces. I also will be joining TSL as the Certified Bariatric Nurse Coordinator, and will be working with another nurse Kathy Warner from TSL. My role will be pre-op education classes, in-house inserviceing and training, and facilitating support groups. We will have support groups at TSL 2/month and at the C.A.R.E.S. office in north central Phoenix 2x/month to give our patients choices of locations. Our goal, as a team, will be to work together to meet the needs of all of our patients, for both of the surgeons practices. During this time of transition, we ask for all of you to please have patience. We will keep you informed as much and as often as we can. If you have any questions that I can assist with, please do not hesitate to contact me at PVH: 602-923-5612 or cell 602-330-5215 or office 602-466-3461.

Lori G., BS, RN-C, CBN
Certified Bariatric Nurse & Service Line Coordinator
Certified Obesity Help Support Group Leader
Bariatric Clinical Educator for Paradise Valley Hospital 
602-923-5612  [email protected]                                       
RNYGB 8/2003 (maintained 170# weight loss)

Garys
on 2/10/09 12:30 pm - Mesa, AZ
Thanks Lori for the update.

"Controlling my food,    instead of my food controlling Me!

JRinAZ
on 2/10/09 1:42 pm - Layton, UT

Hiya Lori!
Thanks for the info and congrats to you on YOUR new role over at Tempe St Luke's!  With 4 support groups per month, will any of them be specific to Revision post-ops?  I'd love having our issues addressed regularly.  In fact, I would love to help out with that group if help is ever needed!  Give me a shout if you need a hand!

C U soon!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

(deactivated member)
on 2/13/09 9:08 am - AZ

Hi Lori,

Is there going to be a support group for just ERNY's ? I was just wondering. Congrats on you new job at St Luke's and will see you at your office for the 21 of Feb. I might have some extra clothes from my support group of the West Valley. Could I bring some left overs to Dr Schlesinger's group and hand out if anyone wanted anything ?

Thanks,

Dawn

DrGitt
on 2/10/09 7:27 am, edited 2/10/09 7:27 am - Phoenix, AZ

Dear GinaU aka Jeanna

We are so sorry that you felt that the "girl" who answered your call was "crabby". The fact of the matter is that we did not know where Dr. Schlesinger was until you made your posting above! We are trying to serve those important patients with Dr. Heffel covering (he was a bariatric surgeon at UCLA before he became a Plastic Surgeon and HIS record is outstanding and quite squeaky clean) so that the patients are not truly ABANDONED! You see, when Dr. Schlesinger left his office, he did not leave a forwarding number or address and he did not (as is required of all physicians in the state of Arizona), notify ANY of his patients where he was going. Your placement of shame on us is inappropriate, ill-informed, and quite off the mark. Obviously, you have a positive relationship with Dr. Schlesinger and had we been able to give you his new address, we gladly would have. Our staff has all had excellent training in customer service and do have outstanding customer service skills. Perhaps your attitude on that call mirrored your rather trite casting of shame on me above and you earned the response that you say you got? Or perhaps you just assumed that anybody on the receiving end of your call would have responded in kind? Either way, we wish you the best with Dr. Schlesinger. We are all very happy to hear that you feel he still "looks great". It sounds like he is truly the “right doctor" for you and he will suit your needs. In the meantime, Dr. Heffel is here doing the right thing-PROVIDING EXCELLENT PATIENT CARE
Once again, we wish YOU the best of luck!
Steven Gitt, MD, FACS & Staff.

ginau
on 2/10/09 10:44 am - mesa, AZ
Dr Gitt

Thanks  for a response .. and your right  I did expect a curteous voice on the other end of the phone,  And In going the extra mile the office staff could have offered for me to be seen by the very compitent  Dr Heffel.

As an employer you are not  required  to provide the location or phone # where your previous employee can be reached.  But on Friday I was given the address and  yet on Monday  no info was available. Q: what  happened in 48 hrs that information was lost ?   I sincerly doubt Dr Schlesinger  would leave without giving any notice. He has always appeared to be a very responsable / dedicated  professional.

Dr Gitt ~ I thought I had a positive relationship with you too. After all I had out cards with your practice name on them .. 

In the End. I am a  Patient / Consumer  and I get to choose  who and where to be treated . 

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

(deactivated member)
on 2/11/09 1:23 am - AZ
On February 10, 2009 at 6:44 PM Pacific Time, ginau wrote:
Dr Gitt

Thanks  for a response .. and your right  I did expect a curteous voice on the other end of the phone,  And In going the extra mile the office staff could have offered for me to be seen by the very compitent  Dr Heffel.

As an employer you are not  required  to provide the location or phone # where your previous employee can be reached.  But on Friday I was given the address and  yet on Monday  no info was available. Q: what  happened in 48 hrs that information was lost ?   I sincerly doubt Dr Schlesinger  would leave without giving any notice. He has always appeared to be a very responsable / dedicated  professional.

Dr Gitt ~ I thought I had a positive relationship with you too. After all I had out cards with your practice name on them .. 

In the End. I am a  Patient / Consumer  and I get to choose  who and where to be treated . 

Freak'en amazing.  You blame Dr. Gitt's staff for not telling you where your own doctor is?  Shouldn't your doctor have mentioned that he was leaving the practice?   And how to reach him?  What if you had an emergency, your own doctor... you know, the guy you believe walks on water, should he have had SOME responsibility for letting his patients know how to reach him?

Noooo, instead you blame everyone else.

This is absolutely mind boggling.

Did you ever think that maybe Heffel doesn't want you as a patient and that's why the offer wasn't made?  You guys don't exactly make Dr. S look good here.

(deactivated member)
on 2/10/09 10:57 am - AZ
On February 10, 2009 at 3:27 PM Pacific Time, DrGitt wrote:

Dear GinaU aka Jeanna

We are so sorry that you felt that the "girl" who answered your call was "crabby". The fact of the matter is that we did not know where Dr. Schlesinger was until you made your posting above! We are trying to serve those important patients with Dr. Heffel covering (he was a bariatric surgeon at UCLA before he became a Plastic Surgeon and HIS record is outstanding and quite squeaky clean) so that the patients are not truly ABANDONED! You see, when Dr. Schlesinger left his office, he did not leave a forwarding number or address and he did not (as is required of all physicians in the state of Arizona), notify ANY of his patients where he was going. Your placement of shame on us is inappropriate, ill-informed, and quite off the mark. Obviously, you have a positive relationship with Dr. Schlesinger and had we been able to give you his new address, we gladly would have. Our staff has all had excellent training in customer service and do have outstanding customer service skills. Perhaps your attitude on that call mirrored your rather trite casting of shame on me above and you earned the response that you say you got? Or perhaps you just assumed that anybody on the receiving end of your call would have responded in kind? Either way, we wish you the best with Dr. Schlesinger. We are all very happy to hear that you feel he still "looks great". It sounds like he is truly the “right doctor" for you and he will suit your needs. In the meantime, Dr. Heffel is here doing the right thing-PROVIDING EXCELLENT PATIENT CARE
Once again, we wish YOU the best of luck!
Steven Gitt, MD, FACS & Staff.

Dr. Gitt:

Thank you!  Your honesty is refreshing, even if in a round about way!  It's been awhile since we've seen that on this forum.  A lot of fake cheer leading going on, not a lot of truth and bare bones honesty.

I must admit, I have a whole new opinion of you and would now seriously consider you for upcoming surgery.  I planned on going to MX, but things might change due to your post above.

I live in Phoenix, depending on one small factor, I might be calling for an appt.  I like your honesty, if you are this honest with your patients in real time you are very cool in my book!

Thanks.

Most Active