I thought I should be getting healthier!

merryterry
on 2/9/09 6:53 am - AZ
I love the fact I'm losing weight and feeling better overall but, keep getting sick!
Since my WLS on Dec. 10, I've had a UTI, my knee is still bummed out and last night I spent 5 hours at the ER for blood clots. Superficial, but I don't know where thet came from. I don't sit on my butt all day by any stretch of the imagination. I even worked out yesterday! And in doing tests for the clot they tell my my white blood cell count is way elevated and my renal function is high!

So, now I'm cephalexin-again and low dose aspirin. I didn't go to work today because I was hoping to see my PCP, but couldn't get an appointment until tomorrow. So now I don't know if I should go in or not. My legs begin to hurt if they're not elevated but I have no idea how long they're going to be like this.
I'm out of sick days for the school year.

And to make it worse, all i want to do it EAT!!!!!
WAAAA!!!!!

Thanks for letting me whine.

Less is More

(deactivated member)
on 2/9/09 7:12 am - Phx, AZ
IT's OK to whine!!!  Give yourself time to get ENTIRELY well.....  I had some complications after my RNY...collapsed lung, pneumonia, fluid around the lung and was in the hospital for 2.5 more weeks after the surgery.  It took me a good 6 months to feel my stamina come back in full force.  I am now 2.5 months out from a revision & hernia surgery, and am still wavering between energy and none.  And I had no complications this time.

Blood clots is reason enough to whine and not feel well...in fact, it's very dangerous!!!  You need to BABY yourself for the time being, and totally recover...don't kid yourself...a blood clot, if it moves to the lungs or the heart is the end... so TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOURSELF NOW. 

As far as eating... if you eat the right kind of food, go for it...just don't OVEReat.  I go thru stages (after the 1st and 2nd surgeries) of wanting to eat all the time... I think it's the frustration of not feeling well, and having to lay low. 

So, you have everyone's permission to whine, gripe, cry, and scream if you wish.  Then, get well!
surrender44
on 2/9/09 7:28 am - union, NJ
Most Active