Plateau??

mikiec
on 2/7/09 12:31 am - Peoria, AZ
Can we have plateaus?  I ask this because I have only lost 3 lbs in the past 2 weeks.  My intake has stayed the same over this period. 

I'm starting to get frustrated.

Mike

Deanne K.
on 2/7/09 1:49 pm - Tucson, AZ
Mike,
Don't get frustrated, your body just is taking it's time to adjust again.  Keep following the rules and it will continue to come off.
Deanne
mikiec
on 2/8/09 5:25 am - Peoria, AZ
Thanks, Deanne..

My wife keeps telling me the same thing.  Even though I was getting a little frustrated I have continued on the program.  Come so far and spent to much money to give up.

Mike

JRinAZ
on 2/8/09 6:26 am - Layton, UT
Hiya Mike!
Plateaus are the rule rather than the exception as a post-op.  Your body thinks it's starving perhaps and wants to hang on!  Shake it up Dude!  Check your calories (food journaling?) and throw a few hundred more (nutritional) calories one day then back off.

Other proven pleateau busters:  INCREASE:  water, walking, protein  DECREASE:  calories, carbs, fats, salt, cheese, nuts (just for a bit of time).

The "calorei in vs calorie out" math usually adds up to having to lose eventually BUT the metabolic issues can mess with us!  So, don't let the body win!  Be in control of your destiny and make this tool WORK for you!  You can do it!

Keep us posted!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

moirap
on 2/8/09 10:33 pm - Mesa, AZ
Do you eat out alot? Be careful because things you may think are healthy are actually full of calories and fat ex grilled chicken caesar salad at Chilis, 1000 calories, Check the nutritional information before you order because you can be decieved.

WLS is not a quick fix, It took me 4 years and many plateaus before I hit goal, dont get discouraged, just be persistant and dont give up. YOU WILL WIN THE BATTLE!!! Good Luck
mikiec
on 2/9/09 2:28 am - Peoria, AZ
No eating out...

I'm still doing no more than 4 ounces at a sitting.  3X a day.  3/4 of that usually chicken, Tuna or eggs the other ounce is either Low Fat Cheese or a steamed Veggie.

20 minutes a day on a stationary bike. 5X's a week

I shall win...

Mike

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 2/9/09 2:48 am - Tucson, AZ
Mike

Sometimes if you change it up a bit that will help change things too.  Ride the bike 3 times a week and walk two.
Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

mikiec
on 2/11/09 3:17 am - Peoria, AZ
Thanks for all the comments and advise.  Over the past 2 days the scales are moving again.

Mike

Most Active