Hot new food finds

L. TP
on 2/3/09 4:27 am
I could be out of the loop and you all may already know about these but they are recent finds for me and I feel compelled to share!

I go to fry's (kroger) to get the Carb Master Yogurt  by Kroger (if you haven't gotten these, its a must!)  and came across this awesome pancake mix.  I haven't tried it just by itself.  I use it in my cottage cheese pancake reciepe and its wonderful!  My husband has tried the pancake mix as real pancakes and did like them. 

All Natural Maple Grove Farmes of Vermont Sugar Free pancake & waffle mix
serving size 1/3 cup

Calories 120
calories from fat 20

Total Fat 2.5
Trans Fat 0

Cholosterol 0

Sodium 210

Carbs 11 gm (only 6 net carbs)

Fiber 5gm

sugar 0

Protein 15 grams !!!!

****Morning Star Sausage Breakfast Pattys****
I love these.  They are only if you are 4 months out or more I think but you can try them earlier, who knows.  They are just heat and serve and I put a tiny bit of smuckers sugar free maple syrup on them.   Two fills me up for hours and totally cuts any cravings. 

serving size 1 patty (very small, only about 3 inch diameter)

Calories 80
Calories from fat 25

Carbs 3

Sugar 0

Protein 10

Again, if you have not tried the Carb Master Yogurt they are simply fantastic but sold only at Fry's/Krogers.  Although I don't have the nutritial info in front of me, I believe they are 12 grams of protein, 3 sugar, 3 net carb or something very close to that.  The yogurt itself is better than most sugary ones.  My favorite is the strawberry or peach.  I like to throw some cut up fruit in the vanilla one and top it with a little bit of fat free sugar free cool whip for a dessert.

Cheers!

Ann M.
on 2/3/09 6:52 am - Peoria, AZ
I like the breakfast sausage.  It's a bit spicier than normal patties but it gives it some flavor.  I also love the yogurt.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
Nita S.
on 2/4/09 12:57 am - Avondale, AZ
I am heading to Fry's to get the pancake mix, sounds like something my husband and i can both eat.  Thanks for the tips.  I always love getting good tips from people, I try not to go to the store often, so looking around is off limits for me, that way I do not just graze and buy anything that suits my fancy.

Nita
Revision 11/06/2008

weezieweeks
on 2/4/09 1:59 pm - North Las Vegas, NV

Hi!

Thanks for the info on the products!

I already use the yogurt and told my group about it here in Prescott,  but will be checking into that pancake mix for sure.  My family would love if I would put pancakes back on the menu (or waffles) and sausage, well that speaks for itself!

We had surgery 2 months apart last year  - look how much we have changed!!

Take care,

Louise

High/Low/Regain/Today/Goal
      330/199/221/207/175

charlotte180
on 2/9/09 7:59 am - Phoenix, AZ
Cottage cheese pancakes - sounds good!  Did you post that recipe somewhere?

Most Active