A Liitle Less of Me

merryterry
on 1/31/09 12:49 am - AZ
Hi everybody! I just want to share what a good week I had as a loser.

I had my first fill on Tuesday so now I have 3.5 cc in my band. I do feel some restriction. I fact, I think there's something in my pouch from dinner last night that still won't go down- I kind of feel it. So I'm drinking warm tea to see if it will leave. I think it might be a piece of onion I failed to chew well enough. Anyway, I lost 13 pounds between Dec. 16 and Jan. 27! And was with the holidays in there, too!

And I joined Pure Fitness. I'd belonged to a community center before we moved here and worked out regularly so gyms aren't new to me and I learned then that exercise isn't bad for me-although I hate taking the time to do it. On Thurs. I did a 48 minute cardio workout between the statinonary bike and ellipitical. I maybe burned 100 calories bwtween the two, but I eat hardly anything compared to how I used to eat. I was just interested in sweating and starting to tone. I may have over done it a bit for my first time in a while, but I survived. I meet with a trainer on Wednesday and I can't start weights for a few more weeks. The provider I saw at SBC was pleased I was starting to work out so soon and the man I talked to at Pure Fitness says it's great I'm starting early on because it's easier to lose the excess skin and flab as you go along than it is to wait until you've lost a bunch. Now, I just have to make myself go three time a week.

Yesterday a guy friend at work looked at me and said, "Your husband is going to have to get a shot gun." When I figured out what he meant, I could feel myself blush. I need to get a new picture for my avatar. I finally have a neck! And my small bust (I need to get new bras) sticks out over my belly without sucking in. My husband makes great comments calling me "slender" or "slinky". I'm not that yet, but things people say really keep me making better choices.

And last, but not least, the scale had a smaller number on it by 4 this morning. When I see a big loss overnight like that, it'll usually means it'll read 2 or 3 pounds heavier for the next few days but, I know that number will be mine soon, until it goes down again.

Thanks for reading my blah-blah. Even though I had buyers remorse a few weeks ago, I know this is the best thing I've done for myself. And right now, I honestly don't miss the food. I passed up a donut that was hand delivered to my classroom the other day. I don't want to say I'm perfect. I had a piece of pizza about an hour after lunch yesterday  which was totally unneeded. I can get away with that now, but I suspect as I get closer to goal, I won't be able to. Anyway, I'm loving it!

Less is More

Deanne K.
on 1/31/09 8:47 am - Tucson, AZ
Congratulations on your success!  Keep up the great work..
JRinAZ
on 1/31/09 9:12 am - Layton, UT
High Fives Merry Terry! 

It's such an amazing journey with mini rewards that keep us going!  How awesome of your hubby to throw out the little "truths" to keep your momentum going!  Great support is so important!

Thanks for sharing your update with us!  We should all switch out our avatars at least quarterly!  What do you think?

I was just at a Grad Reunion for St Luke's all day.  People were all talking to me like I should know who they are!  Duh!  I'm thinking......"maybe I knew you when you were heavy pounds heavier?"  I'd love to see someone on the street and actually "recognize" them!!!  LOL!

Can't wait to hear your next update...........They are all so inspiring!

Hugggzzzz,
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Ann M.
on 2/1/09 7:30 am, edited 2/1/09 7:30 am - Peoria, AZ
Congratulations Terry.  I'm so glad things are going so well.  I knew you'd come around on the "buyers remorse".  We all have it at one time or another and as soon as we start seeing the changes in ourselves, it all goes away. 

I look forward to seeing you next Saturday at the Sun Cities Area meeting.  We'll be meeting at the Lakeview Recreation Center back parking lot so we can walk around the lake. I'll be sending out directions later this week.

I can't wait to see you.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
merryterry
on 2/1/09 12:46 pm - AZ
I'm looking forward to the walk! I hope my knee holds up for it. It's been killing me!
Ann M.
on 2/1/09 12:56 pm - Peoria, AZ
Terry, we'll be walking on the flat trail.  There are also benches if you have to stop and rest.  I just love walking in this park.  Once you see it, I bet you'll work towards reaching the top and looking down over the waterfall one of these days.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
Most Active