Starting REVISION journey... in so much pain

MDIASMOORE1969
on 1/25/09 8:53 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Hi Everyone....
I moved to Phoenix from DE almost two years ago.  I had my RNY done in December 1998 and since May 1999, I have had complications.  I feel like my intestines are being strangled...like a charley horse in my gut. This happens at any time, no particular activity or whatever.  I have been to so many surgeons and now I am hoping I can find a surgeon who will actually see me.  I have lost count of how many obstruction and emergency surgeries I have had along with the $$ I still owe.  The usual response to me complaining is to either deal with the pain, go to pain mgmt or don't eat.
I was 347 lbs when I first had my surgery.... went from a size 28 to a 10 and now I am back to a size 18. 

I completed the first part of the process with Dr. Blackstone's office...paperwork and the seminar.  Now I hope I can get an appointment soon!

Wish me luck!  I look forward to coming back to the forum..... have to update my info on here soon.

Have a great week~~
Maria
ScottAZ
on 1/25/09 9:19 am - Charleston, WV
Maria,

You might want to check out Dr. Schlestinger, he does take other peoples patients.  I was orgianlly scheduled for surgery with Blackstone back in aug, but switched to him.  I am very pleased with him and I would do it all over again.

Scott

Nov 2007 start 6 month diet at 380 lbs 

MDIASMOORE1969
on 1/25/09 9:37 am - PHOENIX, AZ
I was just peeking at his website ....thanks!  I will be calling there tomorrow to see if he can see me.  Crossing my fingers that someone will as I'm tired of going to the ER and this pain!

ScottAZ
on 1/25/09 10:20 am - Charleston, WV
Call his office when they open at 9am.  Ask for either Kristen or Jen.  They are both great.  They will work magic for you I am sure...Good luck and hope you feel better..

Scott

Nov 2007 start 6 month diet at 380 lbs 

MDIASMOORE1969
on 2/3/09 5:16 am - PHOENIX, AZ

Thanks again.... I saw Dr. S today and also met Jen. She's sooo nice!  I am busy lining up another set of testing so I can be on my way again!! YAY!

Most Active