Nuts!!!

Ricardo B.
on 1/13/09 5:44 am - Tucson, AZ
Does anyone know if nuts are bad to eat I know that certain ones are high in protein?? does anyone eat them and at what stage were you allowed to eat them??? I am craving nuts soooooo bad!!!
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 1/13/09 7:35 am - Tucson, AZ
I am not an expert, but I am a RNY patient and I think it is way to early for you to start eating nuts.  I do eat them now and almonds are a good source of protein.  I use almonds alot when I bake or cook.  I put them in my food processor and grind them up.  I also snack on them.  I don't think I started eating nuts until I was out at least 6 months or more.  I am out over two years so it is hard for me to remember.  Check with your NUT or maybe someone else on here will post.  I know how those cravings are.
Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

DAWN CAREY
on 1/13/09 12:19 pm - Peoria, AZ
yeah i love to eat nuts but there is a certain point after surgery that you can eat them.  Call the doc and ask him! 

My facebook page is www.facebook.com/dawncarey

Barbara C.
on 1/13/09 9:37 pm - Raleigh, NC

Hi Rick,

Each program varies a great deal on the nutritional aspect, but I doubt that you'll be able to consume nuts just yet. Please contact your NUT with your program to confirm. Once you are able to consume them, they are a wonderful, flavorful way to add protien to your diet. They are high in fat, but also provide other nutrients and make a great snack ... measured of course, or addition to a salad.

Wishing you all the best,

Barbara
ObesityHelp Coach and Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bcumbo_group/
High-264, Current-148, Goal-145

MDIASMOORE1969
on 1/25/09 9:05 am - PHOENIX, AZ
I remember when I got a craving for peanuts...  I got really sick after eating like FOUR of them so I try to stay away from them.  I ate some slivers of almonds a couple of months ago and found out the hard way that I was allergic to them.  OMG...the vomitting was worser than when I had my first obstruction. No nuts for me!!
Most Active