Dr Fang or Dr Juarez

(deactivated member)
on 1/12/09 10:14 am, edited 1/12/09 12:43 pm - Glendale, AZ
Does either one of these doctors do VSG? These are the only 2 docs my insurance has as in-network providers - I have the band and want/need to revise to somthing else - prefer to do teh VSG over the rny. I have a pouch - didnt work - dont want another one via rny.
ReCurve
on 1/12/09 12:26 pm - Peoria, AZ
I went to their pre-op support meetings about a year ago they only did RNY or the Band, Dr. Schlesinger would probably be your best bet.
good luck

(deactivated member)
on 1/12/09 12:46 pm - Glendale, AZ
I have AETNA
nostood
on 1/12/09 5:55 pm - Gilbert, AZ
Check with Banner Gateway Bariatric.  Dr. Podkemini or Dr. Shuster.  They are excellent and I believe they might do the VSG.

mikiec
on 1/14/09 7:20 am - Peoria, AZ
I know that Dr. Blackstone and her staff do the VSG.  You might want to check there.

Mike

Ann M.
on 1/14/09 8:55 pm - Peoria, AZ
One of the members of my group also has Aetna.  They've been a real pain in the rear for her.  They let her think she's thisclose to being approved and then throw another roadblock in her way.  You might want to get, in writing, exactly what they will cover (they might not cover VSG) and what their requirements are (6 month diet AND exercise monitored by your doctor) and anything else they might think of to dissuade you from getting this life saving surgery.

Good luck and keep plugging away at them and you will be on the loser's bench.  Ann
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
Most Active