Soup question

Lisa_Rene
on 1/10/09 12:58 am - El Mirage, AZ
Hi guys,

Well, I'm getting things ready for next week since Monday is surgery. I had a question though about soup. Has anyone had "Egg Drop Soup" on their liquid phase of the diet? On my sheet, it says we can have "creamed soups" so I didn't know if this would fit in at this time.
Thanks, Lisa
ReCurve
on 1/10/09 7:14 am - Peoria, AZ
If you stay with the broth part would probably be OK, eggs were one of my favorite foods preop. It was also the hardest on my stomach after surgery. Even 5 months out I eat them slow and usually cold by the time I finish them.
merryterry
on 1/10/09 11:18 am - AZ
I suspect you need to stay away from solids so your bowels get cleared out for surgery. I'd stick with the creamed and clear soups. I imagine the creamed soups will pretty much go through, but egg drop has some solids in.

I hope your surgery goes well.

ginau
on 1/10/09 12:49 pm - mesa, AZ
You might want to stay away from anything with chunkies in it! make sure to strain your soups -- blenderize them and then strain,  Your tummy will not like  the chunks ... and the fiber will go right thru your gut.

I enjoyed some thinned  cream of wheat cereal.

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

(deactivated member)
on 1/10/09 10:54 pm - AZ

Lisa,

Yes I had egg drop soup in my preop peroid. Now I am 6 months out and I can not have in any more or make sure I stay home for 2 days. It goes right thru me real quick. Say if i have to surgery the next day and they want me cleaned out, egg drop soup is just like citrate of mag for me. Darn it because I love egg drop soup. Good Luck and keep us posted. You will soon be on the losers bench with us !!! 

Most Active