Just for Grown Ups! FINALLY!

JRinAZ
on 1/7/09 2:32 am - Layton, UT
  It's about timeAnnouncing the newest support group!

Smiley University
FOR: all ARIZONA GRADUATES of Weight Loss Surgery who are 1 year or more post op from their original surgery.  Revision pre-ops & post-ops are welcome as well. This support group is under the direction of Joyce (Certified O.H. Leader) who will share the facilitating duties with Peers and guest speakers.

Phoenix St Luke's (the Bridges Education Centre) has offered to host us.  We will meet in the Education patient area of the new College Wing.  It's a lovely facility that is wheelchair and Bariatric accessible.  Parking is well lit and very close.  Security is abundant and helpful.  The address is 1800 E. Van Buren Street in Phoenix.  No worries with the area.  I've been attending this area at night for years!  (You may want to ditch the light rail idea for the ride home though; maybe catch a ride with someone home?)

We will meet the 1st Tuesday of every month at 5:30 pm  Those of you who wish to join the main support meeting at 6:30 can step out to join that group or you may choose to linger longer with the Grads.

Our format will be casual and chatty and our topics will be "Graduate" themed.  If you want to know how much water you should be drinking or if exercise is good for us then we suggest you stay at home and reread your basic nutrition guidelines!  This group is for the LIFETIME achievers; those who want to be serious about making lifestyle choices for success.

Bring your weight gain, bring your food journals,Famous 19bring your goals, bring your frustrations, bring your buddy, bring your successes and we'll SHARE!!!!

Upcoming topics:

Spanx, Belts, Scarves, Shoes, Jewelery  - Enhance your changing body with style!
Back in the Social Swing & Beyond!
Not at Goal Yet?  Accept, Adjust or ATTACK????
Maintenance is NOT a Four Letter Word!
Low Carb LIfestyle, Atkins, Weigh****chers, Mediteriannean - Does Diet still have a place as a Graduate?
Humanitarian Goals that can Give back to you!  Let's enter a walk together & other exercise ideas!
Pink Elephants and Blue Hippos? 
Step out of the old suit and polish the new you!  Embracing your new image!
Hot and Sexy comes in all sizes and shapes!
Getting Back on Track!  5 Day Pouch Test!  Protein Fast!  Induction!  Back to Basics!
Meal Mania!  Sharing meal plans, shopping lists, top 10 pantry items, top 10 kitchen helpers!
Pity Party!  Bring your pathetic excuses!  We'll purge and replace!  Appropriate Refreshments will be served!
Photo Shoot (dress hot and do your hair) and Success Stories with O.H. Editor for Magazine
Article!

Just for clarity:  FREE to EVERYONE whether you had a sleeve, band, etc....whether you are female or male or not sure, whether you had your surgery in Chicago, Mexico, Russia or even at St Luke's *winks*

*****the only RULES:  there will be NO surgeon bashing, NO program bashing, NO procedure bashing.....but, we're grown ups and discussions of every type will be invited!!!!

....occasional Grad events can be scheduled as members agree with and desire!

DancingWOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!  See you at the very first AZ Grads of WLS Support Group Meeting on Tuesday, February 3rd at 5:30 pm  Electric Slide

Note:  You can join the AZ Grads O.H. support group by clicking on the link in my signature line.

This does not replace any of the other existing support groups in the valley.  It is meant as an additional support option.

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Ann M.
on 1/7/09 11:01 am - Peoria, AZ
Joyce, I wish you the best of luck and lots of participants in your Grads Group.  I wish I could attend but that coincides with my work hours.  I'm working between Goodyear and Anthem and just come home to eat and sleep now.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
JRinAZ
on 1/7/09 12:15 pm - Layton, UT
Ahhhhhhh the crazy life of commuting and surviving!  5:30 is probably a crummy time for many folks but I suppose on occassion people can schedule around it if the topic is something they MUST hear!  LOL!  ......  Fortunately you already have some great support groups to fill your life so no worries!

My computer crashed just before Christmas and I just now read many of my 2 million old posts.  I just wanted you to know that a belated hug is being sent your way for your heartfelt post on yahoo on Christmas Day!  So many things to be grateful for but little sorrows escalate on emotional days like Christmas! 

2009 = Fresh Starts!!!!
Joyce 

(deactivated member)
on 1/8/09 9:06 pm - AZ
Joyce,

I want to go but I want to car pool with some one. I am scared of the neighborhood and would like to have a bunch of people with me.   If anyone wants to go please give me a call.
JRinAZ
on 1/8/09 10:44 pm - Layton, UT
Hey sweetie,
Lots of time to fill up a car by Feb 3rd.  How bout running it past your grad friends at support group tomorrow?  We'll have some visitors from your side at the Chandler Support Group on the 27th (David Smith is presenting) and can send around a carpool list if you'd like.  I'll get all kinds of interest at the Bridges St Luke's Grad Seminar on the 31st and can point people towards others who'd like to carpool.  ....  Might as well make it a full/fun evening, right?

.....I'll give you a call about lunch next week.  Hmmmmm....where did I put your phone #???  LOL!  Do you have mine?
Joyce 

(deactivated member)
on 1/8/09 11:58 pm - AZ
I sent you a PM. I have your number. I will mention it a Chuys tomorrow at DJ's group. Dawn
(deactivated member)
on 1/11/09 11:10 am - Phx, AZ
Hey, Joycee!!!

Check out this new signature of mine.....  Looking forward to being a GROUPIE in your group.  Hip Hip Hip.

Most Active