New Year! New You? ......Check in with us!!

Rachel B.
on 1/8/09 10:59 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with
I don't make resolutions, but I've been away from here for a while.

First, b4 turkey day, I did not pass my Nurse Practitioners exam, which totally sucked!  I've always passed my nursing exams with flying colors, but this was a different format & so I chalk it up to a learning experience.

I decided that my 38 year-old life is worth more to me than the occassional 'booty call' with my (honestly, wonderful) ex-husband.  I told him we were falling into the trap of comfort & that we had been married once, it wouldn't work again, & I want someone to share my life with. (To illustrate how wonderful he is: he smiled, hugged me & said, "Love out of obligation is slavery." And he wished me luck (but not b4 telling me that, basically, some turd will break my heart & I'll be back!))

Was contacted by a man, on-line, who was very nice.  Met for dinner (totally blind date for me, no pix) in Phoenix & had a wonderful time.  Closed down the biltmore.  2 days later, had dinner and closed down the Scottsdale Fashion mall (restaurants in both) and moved onto a FABULOUS wine bar in old towne scottsdale & closed it down.  Next night, closed down La Encantada...  He's called me 2-3 times everyday since returning home (London- transferring to Phoenix for work), and on his holidays (Italy) with his friends & family.  I guess he told everyone about me, cos everytime he was at a families house, everyone is on the phone saying hello, wishing happy holidays & saying they can't wait to meet me!  I keep thinking I'm gonna wake up soon.  Now, after a month & a half after talking, texting & e-mailing for hours everyday, getting to know one another, I will be going to London (first time outta the states, 'cept for my surgery) for a visit.  Everyone keep your fingers crossed that I don't lose my heart in this deal!!!

Since my surgery on August 11th, I have lost nearly 90lbs and am down to a loose 14.  I am ecstatic, & looking forward to slowing down sometime soon.  I am still loosing prolly 3lbs a week, & I don't really want to get down to a 10.  I wanna keep some curvature!

So, that was my 'TMI' report!

HAPPY NEW YEAR, ALL!!!!

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

JRinAZ
on 1/8/09 12:05 pm - Layton, UT
Oh sweetie,
My mother juices are just flowing all over the floor right now.  Make sure you give your phone number and location to trusted people every day that you are gone........My fantasy projector is on overdrive as well and I see that you deserve this whirlwind trip into never never land.......Sooooo I"m sending good wishes and some pixie dust that all your dreams come true and that you continue to enjoy an amazing journey with a lovely man!

Keep us posted and post pics when you get home!!!! 

Weigh 2 go!!!  Congrats on the weight loss and on the new addition and on the ride of your life!  .....  Chuckles to the EX!  Some souls just get what they deserve in life!!

Hugggzzzz,
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Most Active