New Year! New You? ......Check in with us!!

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 1/6/09 3:50 am - Tucson, AZ
On January 6, 2009 at 9:46 AM Pacific Time, Nicole W. wrote:

Hey Joyce,

I work at Charles Schwab now... and I cannot get away for lunch... lunch is at my desk usually working.  Got big responsibilities now!   haha!  My schedule is so restrictive since we are short staffed that I don't get to support groups much anymore.  I can only go on Monday's at SBC and I usually forget the first monday of the month or I get busy with other things.

I am good on a the romance, I found my man... just gotta get him to pop the question.  Hopefully soon... we are looking to get a house of our own soon, so 2008 was a good year overall. 

I would hate to go through another surgery, my RNY was a piece of cake, but the gallbladder removal killed me!  Had a scare in November and ended up in the ER, thought I had a blockage, but turned out I was a bit dehydrated, 6 hours in the ER on IV's, F-U-N!!!

I have not heard from Melissa P. at all... I send an email here and there and it  comes back to me.  Katie and I talk, she's good.  Enjoying her life with her little ones.

Okay... off to 24 Hour Fitness to burn off some gingerbread cookies.

~Nicole

~Nicole

You are looking fine.  I checked out the pics of you and your "man".  I hope he pops the question soon.  It took Joe almost 18 years to do that, but we got married in Nov 08.   So overall, 2008 was a great year for me too with getting married and having plastics. 

Hope to see you post more often.

Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 1/5/09 11:58 pm - Tucson, AZ

Here's my update:

me:  Becky

Proxy Rny in Feb of 06 then plastics in Jul 08

I'm learning how to cook healthy foods and not count calories.

Resolutions:  Spend more time with my granddaughters

Fab dreams:  New Home

Big Plans:  Travel back to Ohio and Pennsylvania for family reunions

I'm going to try and exercise more.

Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

Lori A.
on 1/6/09 8:35 am - Mesa, AZ

ok  here goes! lol

Do you have any resolutions?   yes, to get the last 35# off

Fabulous dreams?   have my tummy tuck & arms done by the end of summer o I can look HOT for my son's wedding in Dec

Big Plans?   Probably moving to Milwaukee soon...

How bout sharing with us!!!!

Lori Acierto
1/4/06 Lapband
Dr. Terry Simpson M.D. F.A.C.S.
(4'9") 215/159/135/115 (ultimate goal)

Lori A.
on 1/6/09 8:42 am - Mesa, AZ

As of Doc's last support mtg (12/18) I have been on a serious plateau since late Oct.. good news is at least I didnt gain lol

I will wait til after next Tues's support mtg b4 scheduling a fill appt -

been going to the gym every other day for nearly 3 wks now, working ot for 2 hrs each time,, so we'll see what the scale says next wk b4 scheduling an appt

Lori Acierto
1/4/06 Lapband
Dr. Terry Simpson M.D. F.A.C.S.
(4'9") 215/159/135/115 (ultimate goal)

Cassi J.
on 1/6/09 2:48 pm, edited 1/6/09 2:50 pm - AZ
I haven't posted here in ages, so I figured it's about time to jump back in...

Resolutions:  My theme for 2009 is "finishing things I've started," whi*****ludes losing down to goal (90 lbs), finishing oodles of projects around the house, and finishing my master's degree (will be done this summer).

Big Plans:  One of two trips: my son is in the Phoenix Boys Choir and they will be touring Japan and South Korea, so I'd like to either do that trip OR my mom and her husband will be spending April through October in England, and I've always wanted to visit the British Isles.  Unfortunately, I can't do both.  :-(

Fab Dreams:  Finding out what I really look like after spending all my life hiding under many layers of excess.  Finding the real me.  It has been amazing fun so far!

Lunch:  You bet, if you're open to Saturdays.  I'm a teacher, so my weekdays are pretty much out of the picture.
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."

(deactivated member)
on 1/7/09 11:34 am - Phx, AZ

Hi-Ho.    Lizzie here. 

My Historicity: 
RNY: Feb 2005.  Started at 282 (but highest was 315) Lost 120; re-gained 20-22 until........ 
ERNY: Nov 2008.  NOW: 158.  Lost 23 since. Still recup-ing.  Back to work Jan 12th... 5 more days. 

#1 BIG PLANS: TO STOP-UP MY EXPLODING BOWELS AND DE-GAS  MY INTESTINAL TRACT sometime in the VERY NEAR FUTURE!!!  If I can successfully do that, perhaps I can leave my home soon.  People are starting to call me a "Hermit".

#2 FABULOUS DREAMS: TO GET THRU THE DAY WITHOUT SMELLING UP MY CLOTHES from said exploding bowels and air-ated intestinal tract.  If not, people will soon be calling me a "Smelly Hermit".

#3 LONG-TERM IDEAL: TO SUCCESSFULLY HAVE MY DANGLING STOMACH RIPPED FROM ITS VERY FOUNDATIONS by someone surgically qualified to do so (Do they make a home kit that I can attach to a vacuum and have an inclusive suture kit, perhaps such as a serger?????) not in a foreign-speaking company, unless the price is right.  I am starting to remind myself of an empty Ziploc bag.  "Ziploc the Smelly Hermit".

Success of said dreams, goals, and ideals can be realized, somehow.  However, if not in the near future, I forsee myself participating in the yearly Albuquerque Hot Ar Balloon Races..... My own air and loose skin can qualify me for a large entry in said race.  Who knows...I may enjoy the view from 3,000 feet in the air?!

Otherwise, I am just going to try to make it to the end of each and every day, happily.  I say this whilst coping with Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue...two things I wish that could be surgically removed.

JRinAZ
on 1/7/09 12:03 pm - Layton, UT
Lizzie,
You totally CRACK ME UP!!!!  ........Unfortunately i relate all too well with your # 1, 2 and 3!!!  .....  Erny's melt the pounds off a hundred miles an hour but not without side effects! 

May your 09 dreams and goals come to pass and may your return to work be uneventful and odorless!

See you soon girlfriend!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

pwrightt
on 1/7/09 1:56 pm, edited 1/7/09 1:56 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
I too haven't posted in a long time but from time to time come back and read the post. My surgery was in 2006 and it was the best thing that ever happened. I agree with another poster the worse pain was my gallbladder being removed. Now that hurt. I''ve been pretty fortunate not regaining weight. I lost a total of about 130 lbs. If I gain 1-2 lbs. I just kinda watch what I eat the next day and its gone. 
Resolutions:  To walk more. I need to get into some type of exercise program. And yes I would love the get rid of my debt. On a side note maybe dye my hair more often. I let my gray get a little long.
Fab Dream: Win the lottery and buy a house in Sedona.
Big Plan: I get 5 weeks off and I want to take two of those weeks and get far away. Still work for a large insurance company and there are some very very sad stories out there. So it will be nice to get away and just dream of good thoughts.
JRinAZ
on 1/8/09 12:16 am - Layton, UT
Hey friend!
Want to be in the Bridges ST Luke's fashion show coming up?  I could use 1 or 2 more people!!!  .... I LOVE your attack on the 1 to 2 pounds!  You GET it!  That is awesome.  .....  I don't htink I would have needed a revision if I'd tackled a 2 pound increase....Instead, I kind of ho hummed around a 5 lb float instead.....which easily became 10 then 20 ....then....Yikes!

I think 5 weeks off is WINNING the LOTTERY!  That sounds Heavenly! 

Soooo....don't be a stranger around here!  We need the voices of "been there/done that" to chime in with opinions, experiences and chatter.  AND.....graduates have issues as well......Maybe you can join us at the new grad support group?

Take care and congrats to you!!!!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

pwrightt
on 1/8/09 3:05 am - PHOENIX, AZ
  Thanks Joyce for the invite but my husband is on kidney dialyses now and with work my schedule is completely gone. I had to take a double look when I saw your picture. i didn't know who it was. You look GREAT. As for the 1-2 lbs gain, yes I get on it immediately. Never in my life have I being so aggressive with something.
On a side note I still read the problems with insurance companies. The one piece of advice I can give is this.
BE PROACTIVE. Take the time to find out if and what your requirements are with your insurance company BEFORE you call a doctor and make a appointment. Especially with the new year every insurance company has tweaked there coverage plan. So when you have that information in hand and make your appointment and the doctors office ask for something you the patient come in well prepared and are not set up for disappointment but success.
Most Active