New Year! New You? ......Check in with us!!

JRinAZ
on 1/5/09 9:24 am - Layton, UT
How are YOU???

Did y'all survive the Holidays?  Lose more weight?  Gain a bit?  On a plateau?  ......  Check in and help us help YOU by coming out of lurkersville! Or pay it forward and help US!  LOL !

Do you have any resolutions?

Fabulous dreams?

Big Plans?

How bout sharing with us!!!!

Here's my update:

me:  Joyce
Proxy Rny in Feb of 03 then revision to Extended rny dec of 07
I'm learning how to focus on nutrition and not worrying about calories for the first time in my life!

Resolutions:  Kill debt and improve health
Fab dreams:  Around the world in 09!
Big Plans:  Spain in April, Hawaii in Sept and Ireland in Oct (lots of other fun destinations on the mainland)

I'm going to try and break my 08 record for support group attendance!!!   I'm shooting for 4 per month in 09.  Want to join me???

Bridges St Luke's 1st Tuesday of the month (tomorrow)  C U there at 6 pm?

Anyone interested in a FUN lunch somewhere in the valley in the next few days?

Anyone interested in a chat and walk somewhere in the valley (maybe dive into a Good Egg for breakfast afterwards?)

Let me know!!!  .... I'm wanting to fill my schedule with oodles of fun with the WLS buds!   new years 2009

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Chris S.
on 1/5/09 10:12 am - Tempe, AZ

I will play.....

Actually weighed myself this morning and remained the same over the holidays.  However in my case might not be a good thing since I am pre-op and finishing the three month plan for Aetna.  I have my final weight in this week for submittal of my appeal and while I did not gain anything I did not loose anything either so I just may have to pump the water pills on high just so it looks like I lost at least a pound or something. 

Do you have any resolutions? Basically the only resolution I made this year was to take it one day at a time, do the best I can in everthing I do and *try* not to sweat the small stuff (this will be almost impossible for me)

Fabulous dreams? To make many more new friends through WLS and support groups.  I have met several wonderful, caring and informative people thus far from the support groups and such and I hope I continue to meet more and learn all I can from you wonderful people.

Big Plans? GET APPROVED AND START MY NEW LIFE!!!  (Cross your fingers or whatevers for me please!)

I am going to do all I can to start attending the Chandler Support group meetings.  I think I might be becoming a Jr Support group addict.  I enjoy them and everyone at them.

merryterry
on 1/5/09 10:41 am - AZ
I got a Realize band on Dec. 10. I lost 17 lbs. (not including surgery fluid) in 3 weeks from pre-op surgeon visit to post-op visit. I gained some over Christmas and have lost it and am stuck-BUT-my smaller pants fit me and there are a few tops I won't be wearinga again, so I'm happy, as long as I don't stuck here too long.

Resolution-to stick to my band plan and do all I can do to lose 80-100 pounds this year. And join a gym next month and work my butt off-literally. And work on being a more loving, happier person.

Fab-dreams: Finish my book (on it's way), see my daughter graduate in June,
I wish I could travel like, you JR!

Pretty basic, but that's me!

Deanne K.
on 1/5/09 11:24 am - Tucson, AZ

Here's the skinny on me.

Revision surgery on 09/02/08.

Resolutions: GET TO GOAL!  I have 40-50 lbs yet to go, but well on my way.
Fab Dreams: Would love to get off most of my meds and oxygen!
Big Plans: None Yet, but would love to go to Hawaii or someplace relaxing.  Just want to get out of Dodge and go on a real vacation and not take all my time off for medical stuff.

I sure do miss everyone up there and all the support that I get up there.  My goal is to at least make 1 group or more a month.

(deactivated member)
on 1/5/09 3:52 pm - AZ
Deanne,

Right back at you. We sure miss you !!! I went on a cruise to Hawaii in Nov 2007 and just loved it. I just want to cruise anywhere that is warm. I am freezing my but off now. I ordered goose down slippers from Eddie Bauer's. I can't wait to get them. Costco has a a new heater fan. I think I better get one. My dad guards the thermostat all the time. It is set on 72 degree's and I am freezing to death. I am back to the cold hands and feet again. I can bundle up but I don't want to be hot again, you can peel so much off. Have a great week....
ginau
on 1/5/09 11:39 am - mesa, AZ
HMMMMMMM 

Revision surgery on 05-07-08

Resolutions:  Make a huge  change in my life - new job, new look,
Fab Dreams:  Win the lottery - LOL and take a fab vacation
Big Plans :    Go back to school , get a education!  live a better lifestyle

So far I think I only work till the 15th and then my plans roll into action.

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

(deactivated member)
on 1/5/09 3:43 pm, edited 1/5/09 3:44 pm - AZ

My Name: Dawn
Lets see here goes.

RNY in 1997 then a Extended RNY July 2008.

Do you have any resolutions? Go to the gym and exercise. Walk Bella more.

Fabulous dreams? Win Billions of dollars in the lottery but I have to buy a ticket first.

Big Plans? Going on a cruise in 2009

How bout sharing with us!!!! I just went to the bank last week and refinanced my home mortgage. I even got the mortgage in my own name with no one on it. Usually have Mom on it but this time they said I can be on it alone. I feel like a big kid now. I guess that is it for me. I would love to have lunch with anyone just call me or PM me.  I also forgot one thing " I need to smile more " .

Nicole W.
on 1/5/09 11:38 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
Nicole here...  RNY in October 2006.   even thou I don't post often anymore I do come back and read.  The last year has been very busy... new job (that doesn't allow me to read forums or message boards)  Very happy thou... even thou I have been plateauing for a year, but I am enjoying life and working out.  Maybe if I win the lottery I will get a revision to reach my goal, but as of right now, but goal is to do it on my own!

Do you have any resolutions?  Take my vitamins EVERYday!

Fabulous dreams?  Getting married to my best friend.

Big Plans? Pay off my debts and go to Disneyland in June

TinkerBell

JRinAZ
on 1/6/09 12:48 am - Layton, UT
On January 6, 2009 at 7:38 AM Pacific Time, Nicole W. wrote:
Nicole here...  RNY in October 2006.   even thou I don't post often anymore I do come back and read.  The last year has been very busy... new job (that doesn't allow me to read forums or message boards)  Very happy thou... even thou I have been plateauing for a year, but I am enjoying life and working out.  Maybe if I win the lottery I will get a revision to reach my goal, but as of right now, but goal is to do it on my own!

Do you have any resolutions?  Take my vitamins EVERYday!

Fabulous dreams?  Getting married to my best friend.

Big Plans? Pay off my debts and go to Disneyland in June
Nicole!!!!

Soooooo good to see a post from you sweetie pie!  I totally miss you and Melissa's postings!  I wonder how she's doing???  You out there Liss?

Weigh 2 go on the weight maintenance and on the exercising!  ....  Revisions aren't for everyone and some of us have days we wish we'd never heard of such a thing!  LOL!  You absolutely can reach your dreams without more surgery!  .....  Keep us on board with you through the journey so we can all help each other out!

I wish you the very best with your Fab dream.  CAn I help any with the matchmaking?  *winks*  I just love a good romantic challenge!

Where's your job Nicole?  Do you get away for lunch breaks?  Wanna do lunch?  Or, maybe supper after a support group some evening?

Stay in touch!  Jump in with your funzy and informative postings, K?!!!

Big Hugggzzzz,
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Nicole W.
on 1/6/09 1:46 am - Cave Creek, AZ

Hey Joyce,

I work at Charles Schwab now... and I cannot get away for lunch... lunch is at my desk usually working.  Got big responsibilities now!   haha!  My schedule is so restrictive since we are short staffed that I don't get to support groups much anymore.  I can only go on Monday's at SBC and I usually forget the first monday of the month or I get busy with other things.

I am good on a the romance, I found my man... just gotta get him to pop the question.  Hopefully soon... we are looking to get a house of our own soon, so 2008 was a good year overall. 

I would hate to go through another surgery, my RNY was a piece of cake, but the gallbladder removal killed me!  Had a scare in November and ended up in the ER, thought I had a blockage, but turned out I was a bit dehydrated, 6 hours in the ER on IV's, F-U-N!!!

I have not heard from Melissa P. at all... I send an email here and there and it  comes back to me.  Katie and I talk, she's good.  Enjoying her life with her little ones.

Okay... off to 24 Hour Fitness to burn off some gingerbread cookies.

~Nicole

TinkerBell

Most Active