Is there a support group in Tucson?

sweetsue617
on 1/3/09 7:35 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
Hello, Folks!
I just moved to Tucson from Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada, in mid-December and I'm wondering if there is a support group that meets?  
I'm living in Oro Valley and am still learning my way around.

Hoping to meet some folks who like to meet for coffee and chat about how life-changing gastric-bypass or any other procedure can be.
Thanks for reading this~
**Sue**
Deanne K.
on 1/4/09 7:29 am - Tucson, AZ
Hey Sue,
There are support groups here in Tucson.  You can search yahoo groups TUSWLS and get the general support groups for the NW Hospital group that is closest in your area.  Dr. Schwartz has a support group at St. Joseph's hospital last Saturday of the month and I think the first Monday or Tuesday.  They are mostly lap band people, but they do accept any and all of us.  I really think that Dr. Schwartz's group is great.  Becky usually has a post that lists everything and I am surprised that she hasn't posted to you yet.  I don't know of any coffee drinking type groups, but there might be others.
Deanne
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 1/4/09 12:22 pm - Tucson, AZ
Sorry I have been busy today.  I keep this in my bookmarks so when the question comes up I can copy and paste it.  Here ya go.....

Dr. Blackstone Support Group in Tucson is the 1st Saturday of the month to be held at Sherton on Grant Road from 10:00-11:30.  The is for SBC patients only.

St. Joseph's is the last Saturday of the month at St. Joseph's Auditorium from 10:00-12:00 open to everyone.

Tucson NOAG is Last Thursday of the Month at 7:00 at UMC Rm. 5408, open to all.  

---- NorthWest meeting 7-8:30 PM each 3rd Monday of the month at the Northwest Medical Center Classrooms A-D 6200 N LaCholla Blvd. Classrooms are off the main lobby behind the cafeteria. New attendees in classroom D at 6:30 PM.
---- Eastside meeting 7-8:30 PM on the first Tuesday of each month at Evangelical Covenant Church, 551 N. Camino Seco, between Broadway and Speedway, on the West side of the street. As always new attendees will be at 6:30.

Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

JRinAZ
on 1/4/09 11:03 am - Layton, UT
On January 3, 2009 at 3:35 PM Pacific Time, sweetsue617 wrote:
Hello, Folks!
I just moved to Tucson from Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada, in mid-December and I'm wondering if there is a support group that meets?  
I'm living in Oro Valley and am still learning my way around.

Hoping to meet some folks who like to meet for coffee and chat about how life-changing gastric-bypass or any other procedure can be.
Thanks for reading this~
**Sue**
Welcome Sue from Canada and Dawn from Chicago (brrrrrrrrrr!)!!!

If y'all want to travel to the Valley of the Sun for some chit chat and support then there's some fun opportunities coming up in the next few weeks.

How bout a Graduate SEminar with a fashion show and lunch?  (Jan  31st...p.m. me if you're interested cuz RSVP is required)
How about a Brunch, Botox and Bette Sue get together (Bette Sue was one of the fun gals on last season's Biggest Loser's)....Feb 7th (FREE...cept the Botox which is practically just at cost!...RSVP is required)
How about the very inspiring Q & A support evening with David Smith (google his amazing story) on Tuesday the 27th of January at the Chandler Support Group  (dinner together afterwards for more chatting and support)

FUN, Support and inspiration for ALL!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Deanne K.
on 1/4/09 12:20 pm - Tucson, AZ
Sue,
I forgot, there are many in Phoenix, like Joyce said and most are open to everyone.
AZtyger
on 1/4/09 7:57 pm
Hi Sue!

I'm actually in Oro Valley as well, when I am in town that is LOL   I travel a lot for work these days, but hope to make at least one of the support groups in tucson this month.   Welcome to Tucson, it's a pretty easy town to get to know i think!

Dustin
Funin AZsun
on 1/12/09 12:24 pm - AZ
Hi Sue ~ Welcome to Tucson!!!

The 3rd monday of every month there is a support group which meets at Northwest Hospital at 7pm (6:30pm for first time attendees).  That is the closest to you.  I too live on the NW side of town and will be attending next week as my surgery is three weeks from today.  If you sign up for the TUSWLS board, you can get all the information!!

Hope to see you there!
Holly
Goal weight reached 12/7/09 ~ 155lbs 5'8"
267 / 155 / 145
SW / GW / CW

"Cat hair is considered a condiment in this house"

Most Active