Sun Cities Area Group Meeting

RayM
on 1/2/09 9:04 am - Surprise, AZ
I should be there.  Going to bring my Mom and sister, My wife is in no shape to go out.  Got MRSA on her leg and we were in the hospital all day today.
Ann M.
on 1/2/09 12:15 pm - Peoria, AZ
Ray, I'm sorry to hear about your wife.  I hope she feels better soon.  See you tomorrow.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
DAWN CAREY
on 1/2/09 3:06 pm - Peoria, AZ
See you guys in the morning, I look forward to meeting the rest of you!

My facebook page is www.facebook.com/dawncarey

Ann M.
on 1/2/09 3:10 pm - Peoria, AZ
I'm looking forward to meeting you, Dawn.  We can talk about looking for jobs too.

Jetplanerider
on 1/3/09 11:25 am - Glendale, AZ
 Hi my name is Wendy and i was wondering if your support groups were open to everyone no matter who your DR was. I noticed alot of people had Dr. Schleslinger on this site. I am looking for people who are like me or us that had weight loss surgery done. No one in my life can relate to me at all and it is hard finding anyone to talk about this stuff with. I went to a support group once that is held up where Dr. Blackstone is located in Scottsdale but i found that group not very helpful. I would like to try one again.
DAWN CAREY
on 1/3/09 1:53 pm - Peoria, AZ
yes this group is for anyone.  I had my surgery in Chicago and i just moved out here and went to this one today.  It was actually nice!

My facebook page is www.facebook.com/dawncarey

Ann M.
on 1/3/09 1:59 pm - Peoria, AZ
Hi Wendy.  Our group is open to anyone who has had or is considering WLS.  My surgery was done in Michigan but Dr. Schlesinger is taking care of me out here because he is the only doctor who will take someone who has had surgery done by another doctor.  We have people who have gone to different doctors here in the valley.  Some of our members have had are are having Dr. Blackstone, we have some Juarez patients and others, who like me, are transplants to the area.

We welcome everyone and we want you to participate because you're important.  Hopefully we can help you with any problems or concerns, help you understand what's happening through your journey and we also learn from you.  We understand what's going on with your body and the changes because we've been through it.  We know what plateaus are, we know about depression and we also know the joys of each and every WOW.

Our next meeting is in February and will be a walking meeting with the topic being exercise.  I'll be happy to put you on our email list if you message me through OH.

You are also welcome to come to the West Side WLS group which meets the 2nd & 4th Saturdays of the month at Banner Estrella Hospital (101 & Thomas Road).  This is also an open meeting and anyone is welcome.  You'll meet some of the same people who attend the Sun Cities group there.  It's structured a bit differently from the Sun Cities group but you will learn lots of things there and the members would love to have you attend.  It's also very non-judgemental and fun to attend.  I hope to see you there.  Message me if you need more info on this group.

I'm hoping to see you at one of the support group meetings.  Remember, we all need support to keep us on our journey and to make the road just a little easier.  Ann

Most Active