I need help! (Lap Band)

drich
on 12/30/08 8:09 am - Maricopa, AZ
Lap Band on 12/18/06 with
Ok, here's my story in a nut shell...I had the lap band surgery 2 years ago...after some complications (my heart stopped during surgery!) and 2 fills my husband lost his job, and also the insurance that paid for the initial surgery. I just found out that the insurance through my job does not cover bariatrics at all (which is DUMB because I already had the most expensive part!) and now have to pay out of pocket for my fills.

I have been living uncomfortably for a year and a half now, just tight enough to get me "stuck" with certain foods and not gain weight, but not tight enough to lose weight.

Dr. Debarros was my surgeon (and yes I scared him half to death on the op table!)  and his office charges $260 (i think) for fills out of pocket....I'm just wondering since now this is something I'm going to have to budget for- what other offices in the phx area do fills, and does anyone know the cost? Thanks in advance for your help...

P.S- I can use all the encouragement I can get...I'm feeling like a loser (and not in a GOOD way!) having this surgery for so long and having not lost much weight!
Ricardo B.
on 12/30/08 9:20 am - Tucson, AZ
While that was hard to read I hope things get better 4 U.  I am a believer that things happen to us for reasons what they are i have no ideal, don't ever give up and you R not a loser keep your head up and things WILL get better. You have to believe that they will.
DAWN CAREY
on 12/30/08 3:23 pm - Peoria, AZ
I dont have the faintest Idea but I am sure one of these people know on here. 

My facebook page is www.facebook.com/dawncarey

(deactivated member)
on 12/30/08 5:57 pm - AZ
Hi Drich,

I know that my doctor does them. His name is Dr Schlesinger and he can be reached at 480 419 2290. You can talk to Jen or Kristen. They are very nice to deal with and Jen is a Lap Bander herself. His office is located a 20950  N Tatum Blvd in Phoenix. He is right off the 101. I hope I have helped you.

Dawn
skgo
on 1/12/09 4:07 am
I see Wendy Hall... she charges $100 for fills, though she doesn't use flouro.
She is usually up in the mountians but she goes down to the Valley several times a month.
Most Active