Confessions of bad food the past week.

ScottAZ
on 12/29/08 10:49 pm - Charleston, WV
Well I do have to say I have not been the best the last week with my food choices.  Yes i did have 2 slices of cheese cake from the cheese cake factory over 2 days. And a couple pieces of fudge. And I did bypass the gym for ten days.  Well I am back on track.  I hit the gym for 2 hours yesterday. As soon as I finish my muscle milk this morning I will be getting on my bicycle and riding the 2 miles to the gym for my work out.  I just have to rember how far I have come this year with my bypass and keep on track..

Scott

Nov 2007 start 6 month diet at 380 lbs 

Musicman72
on 12/30/08 12:06 am - Oshkosh, WI
Hey Scott,

No one's perfect, and we all have bad stretches. Just do your best to stay on track, and you should do fine. Cheesecake sounds pretty good though!!! I've been craving cheeseburgers, pizza and seafood lately......and its about 95% mental cravings...its weird.

Hang in there!! You can do it. I cant wait til I can get to the gym.

Neil

damagedonebanner.jpg picture by Musicman72

Garys
on 12/30/08 2:17 am - Mesa, AZ
I have not done to badly. I have been aided in my attempt to stay on course during the holidays in that I have had really bad allergy thing going on.

MY Goal during the Holiday weeks was to not gain anything and make sure I get back on track in the New Year.

I think I will pull it off.

I am leaving in a bit for a appointment with my Primary Care Doc to try to clear all of the crap out of my lungs.

It will be my first appointment with her since she signed off on the referral on the (WLS) Surgery. At least this time I will be able to weigh in on her normal scales.

As far a Gym workouts go, I want to know who's bright idea it was to remodel the local YMCA during the most stressful / most prone to overeating/ week of the Year?

What were they thinking anyhow?.   

"Controlling my food,    instead of my food controlling Me!

merryterry
on 12/30/08 4:05 am - AZ
I did really bad Christmas Eve and Day. I mean bad for now. Somehow it was much easier getting holiday junkie food down and having it not feel bad than it is getting daily good food down following all the rules. but I haven't had a band fill yet. I'm back on track, though and have lost what I gained. New Years is not the same thing so I'm not expecting any issues.

But my God, I looked at the amounts other people were eating and I was no where near that much. But, I just have to walk by a carb and we like each other so much, it muckles right on and never wants to leave!

I forgive myself, i was only like 2 weeks out.

Now, it's time to get back to the water for the day...

Lori A.
on 12/30/08 6:56 am - Mesa, AZ

Scott

we all get off track from time to time..the important thing is we all climb back on the track and keep going..

I can't tell you how many times I've gone off track but I keep getting back on and Im slowly getting to my original goal...

spent 1.5 hrs @ the gym today which helps

Lori Acierto
1/4/06 Lapband
Dr. Terry Simpson M.D. F.A.C.S.
(4'9") 215/159/135/115 (ultimate goal)

CycleBear
on 12/30/08 9:45 am
 Scott - great reminder of how far we have come.  To think, in years past 2 pieces of fudge or cheese cake wouldn't have even been second page news for us but now - we are aware of our eating habits and do things like the gym to help off-set.  I have also been guilty of eating those little one piece chocolates from Dove and others.  In order to keep track of how many I have had - I started making a little pile of empty wrappers on the counter.  Talk about a visual to remind you!  

Keep up the great work everyone!  No matter where you are on your journey - you are further along than where you were simply by being part  of this great community.  I wish you a happy and healthy 2009!!!

Michael
(deactivated member)
on 12/30/08 6:38 pm - AZ
Scott,

Was kind of fudge ? Who made it ? It sounds so good right now. Where did you get it ? Don't feel bad we must treat our self once in a while. Just don't eat 100 of them. I am going to the in the AM for for a little bike riding and treadmill action. I worked my but off today. You will get back on track. You always go to the gym. Your doing so good. I bet you can't wait till Jan 19. My mom said she wants to do a family cruise on Norwegian Cruise lines for next Christmas maybe the whole family. She said she would have you book it. I think I am going to bed. Talk to you tomorrow.

Dawn
Deanne K.
on 12/31/08 6:19 am - Tucson, AZ
Hey Scott,
Don't be so hard on yourself.  You have come so far, and you are so close to your goal.  I wasn't perfect either, Pizza 2 times while I was gone.  I still lost weight.  It helped me having others around who were watching everything I did.  I am happy that I am still going in the right direction.  You do so well on the exercise as well.  Keep up the good work.
Deanne
azrosebud07
on 12/31/08 6:34 am - Chandler, AZ
So Scott - I guess this means you don't dump???  I am only 7 1/2 weeks out and am still too nervous to try anything that might make me dump, but I'll be curious to see what happens at some point - hopefully on accident!

As everyone has pointed out - we all slip, one way or another and way to go on getting back on the horse!!

ScottAZ
on 1/1/09 2:23 am - Charleston, WV
Thank you all for the kind words.

Yes I do dump... But sometimes i just want that little something and I have to allow myself to have it.

Nov 2007 start 6 month diet at 380 lbs 

Most Active