My WOW moment!

Gena L.
on 12/27/08 10:25 am - Sun City, AZ

I had to return a Christmas present...a slacks suit.  I retuned them because the pants were so large.  Thinking I needed a 14, the originals went back. I got home with the new ones.....too big!     (I hate trying on clothes) so back they went again.....this time I was very cautious and took 2 pair to try on.   Well, let me say I did the happy dance      through the store, into the parking lot and right to the car, grinning all the time like a fool     to show the size tag off. My husband watching me like I was crazy....he understood when he saw my face and the size tag.  A size 12.  I truly never believed I would be this small again. While I used to hate shopping...it may now become fun again. Thank you to all of you for getting me through the last 10 months...it was tough, and I needed a lot of help and encouragement, but I am finally healthy and happy again. Happy New Year everyone!

Nita S.
on 12/27/08 11:36 am - Avondale, AZ
I knew there was something different about you today!!!  I am so happy for you.  You deserve all the happy dances that are coming your way.

Nita
Revision 11/06/2008

Gena L.
on 12/27/08 1:06 pm - Sun City, AZ
Thank you Nita...you are the sweetest person!  Please know that what we spoke of this morning... feel free to call me anytime...I for sure understand what you are going through, and I have broad shoulders. Call me anytime you need to talk.

Gena

Chris S.
on 12/27/08 12:23 pm - Tempe, AZ
Gena,  I good also see a new "glow" on you today.  You are looking amazing and so glad you are feeling and doing so much better with protein. 

Will see you at next weeks meeting

Chris
Gena L.
on 12/27/08 1:15 pm - Sun City, AZ
Thanks Chris....I can not tell you how much better I am feeling...not just, because I no longer get sick daily....but just plain good from losing 95 pounds! It took me forever and it means so much to me...I walk and walk now and truly enjoy it.

Any day now you are going to call or     to tell us you are approved...I just know it, and Dr J. will do a great surgery for you...just stay on top of your med records from day 1. By this time next year you will be telling us how great you feel... and that you are a size 12 or 14 or maybe even smaller!
See you next week!

motorhomemama
on 12/27/08 10:31 pm - Okotoks, Canada
Gena that is so great!!! 

I know you have had a hard struggle to get where you are and you have every right to be proud of yourself for sticking it out.

I am so happy for you.

I will be coming to Arizona around the 6 of Jan. and staying at our place in Mesa...sure hope we will get to meet.

Love Eydie
342/298/280175  highest / surgery  wtNov 19/08/ current/ goal
Gena L.
on 12/28/08 6:01 am - Sun City, AZ
Hi Edyie....and shoot...I will be in Mesa on Tuesday!  But we will get toghther  one way or another!

Deweyscts
on 12/27/08 11:15 pm - Scottsdale, AZ
Yeah Yeah Yeah.......  Congradulations....Wow Wow Wow...

Happy for you....

Dewey
Gena L.
on 12/28/08 6:03 am - Sun City, AZ
Thank you Dewey....;-)  All along I have lost more inches than pounds. I thought I was on a big stall as scale is not moving. But clothes just continue to become too large...so I am just as pleased losing those inches!

Gena

JRinAZ
on 12/28/08 7:49 am - Layton, UT
Gena,
Congrats on your Wow with the size switches!  Wooooooo Hooooooooo!  You are lovely sweetie pie!  It was so nice seeing you at the support meeting on Saturday!  What a GREAT group!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Most Active