In bed SICK!

RayM
on 12/21/08 10:20 am - Surprise, AZ
Well for the last 4 days I could not hardly get out of bed.  I got so sick from something (wife thinks Flu) that I really thought about going to the hospital.  I am not one for going and I could just see them keeping til after Christmas.  My little girl is 4 this year and is so into Santa there was no way I would do.  Well today I think I will make it.  Thank goodness.  I got so sore from just laying in bed and dealing with night time fever.  I guess one good think happened in that I am now at 294 per my scale.  I have been stuck around the 302-305 range for about 2 months now it seems.  I know because of my sickness I have ate basicly nothing which did it but it was still nice to see lower numbers.  I am not really sure what is going on and I guess I need to figure it out.

Happy Holidays all!
Gena L.
on 12/21/08 1:52 pm - Sun City, AZ
Ray, sorry to hear you have been so sick.  Hope you are feeling better. Be sure you take plenty of fluids...it is so easy to get dehydrated with the flu and it is a real problem for RNYers.  When I had to have my appendix removed the whole thing happened so fast I was not able to load up on protein before surgery and was so sick I had not been eating well.  For 5 days after the surgery I ate nearly nothing but did get some protein bullets into me. I also requested anything I could to drink. The nurses thought I was a bottomless pit when it came to fluids even tho I turned down almost all food brought to me....they simply did not grasp the RNY diet and I gave up asking for food...just liquids. I lost 15 pounds that week, and you may lose a bit more.
Good luck!  Hope to see you at our next support group.

Ann M.
on 12/22/08 5:34 am - Peoria, AZ
Ray, I sure hope you're feeling better.  Please be sure to get that protein in somehow.  If you have to do bullets remember it's only 1 gulp and then it's over but it'll sure help you get back on track.  I know it's hard when you don't feel like eating or drinking but you just have to make yourself do it.  Make some chicken soup, add a scoop of protein and mix well.  This way you'll get two good things at one time.

I'll be looking for you at the next Sun Cities meeting.  Take care and Happy Holidays to you and your family.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
RayM
on 12/22/08 8:07 am - Surprise, AZ
Well today I do feel a little better.  I was able to go out to the mall and get my wifes xmas gift.  I also got my little girl her first necklace.  She will love it.  I can not wait to see her open it.  I had a hard time but I did it.  When I got home my sal****er reef tank looked very bad.  I had to work on it for a few hours.  Now I am simply wiped out. 

I guess I am going to need to get some protein mixes.  I am pretty sure I am not getting enough and maybe is why I kinda stopped losing.  I know that I need to keep better track of stuff but that is very hard for me.  If I could maybe I would have never had a weight problem. Who knows. 
DAWN CAREY
on 12/22/08 12:05 pm - Peoria, AZ
Keep strong, you might be at a stand still for a bit! It will start falling off again soon

My facebook page is www.facebook.com/dawncarey

Most Active