Dinner at Carrabba's

Ann M.
on 12/19/08 10:09 am - Peoria, AZ
To celebrate my birthday today and my starting my new job on Monday, Larry & I went to Carrabba's.  He had the steak marsala with enough mashed potatoes to feed an army.  It looked very tender and he said it was wonderful.  I ordered the trout but they were all out of it so I settled for the salmon with broccoli & cauliflower.  This was wonderful.  I brought enough home for my lunch tomorrow.

For my birthday, they gave me a dessert of my choice.  They have no sugar free desserts so Larry is the lucky recipient of some triple chocolate brownie something or other.  While he's enjoying that later, I'll have my s/f chocolate pudding.  I'll enjoy it just as much.

If you haven't had the chance to eat at Carrabba's, try to go.  They feed you enough for two and they really don't mind if you split a dinner.  They have a few choices for us and if something has sauce, you can get it without or on the side. 
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
Gena L.
on 12/19/08 10:54 am - Sun City, AZ
Yummm!  Carraba's is one of Jim's favs!  I have had chicken marsala but did not know they have steak marsala...I must try it.  I might have been leary tho....I seem to be able to eat all meats but had an early out problem with ground sirloin so have been cautious of beef while eating out. Their chicken picata is to die for.  OH....that reminds me Ann!  Would you send the recipe to me for lemon chicken...I am able to cook more these days so will get brave and try it.  Food smells don't make me quite so nausous these days.
Merry Christmas all!

Ann M.
on 12/19/08 12:17 pm - Peoria, AZ
Here you go Gena.

Prep Time:
10 min Total Time:
19 min Makes:
4 servings, 1 cup each
What You Need   1 Tbsp. oil 1 lb.  boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips 1 pkg. (6 oz.) snow peas (about 2 cups), trimmed 1 small  red pepper, cut into strips 1 pkg. (4-serving size) sugar free JELL-O Lemon Flavor Gelatin (I tend to use 1/2 to 3/4 of the packet because it might be too sweet) 1 Tbsp.  cornstarch
1/2 cup chicken broth 2 Tbsp.  KRAFT Free Zesty Italian Dressing 2 cloves garlic, minced
Make It  

HEAT oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 4 min. or until cooked through, stirring occasionally. Add snow peas and peppers; cook and stir 2 min.

MIX dry gelatin mix and cornstarch in small bowl. Add broth, dressing and garlic; stir until gelatin is dissolved. Add to skillet. Reduce heat to medium; cook 3 min. or until sauce is thickened, stirring frequently.

Nita S.
on 12/20/08 12:39 am - Avondale, AZ

Happy Birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday Dear Ann
Happy Birthday to you

That is better than me actually trying to sing it to you, you would probably hold your ears and cry .  I hope your day was filled with all the joy and happiness it could possibly hold.  Have a wonderful holiday and give my best to Larry.  I will be thinking of you on Monday as you begin your awesome journey.

Nita
Revision 11/06/2008

Ann M.
on 12/20/08 1:17 am - Peoria, AZ
We had a great day Nita.  Thank you for the good wishes and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your family.

RayM
on 12/21/08 12:43 am - Surprise, AZ
Happy Birthday.  My fav there is the Pollo Rosa Maria

Ann M.
on 12/21/08 1:00 am - Peoria, AZ
Thanks Ray.  I considered the chicken but after having it so many times last week, I couldn't do one more bite.  This week will be hodge podge week because I'm cooking ahead since I start my new job tomorrow and I'm sure I'll be beat by the time I get home and won't want to cook and can't afford to go out.

Deweyscts
on 12/21/08 10:44 pm - Scottsdale, AZ
Hey Ann...

Happy Birthday to you.....

What kind of job do you start today?????  Have fun at it.....

Dewey
Ann M.
on 12/22/08 5:23 am - Peoria, AZ
Thanks Dewey.  I'm going to be a teller at a brand new branch bank.  It'll open sometime in January at Lake Pleasant & Happy Valley.  Until then, I'll be training up in Anthem.

Most Active