So far so good

merryterry
on 12/15/08 1:13 am - AZ
I have lot weight on top of the hospital fluid weight. It seems too good to be true and expect someone to say "that's normal, expect to gain it back bacause..." I've been sticking to diet gudelines even though I bought some SF popsicles-I figure I can afford 15 calories. I have my post-op appt. tomorrow-should compile a lisy of questions.

My big yuck, though, is taking my pills. since I can't swallow anything larger that a pea, my pills ahve to be ground up and the capsules opened. They taste totally gross and I'm running out the needed fortitude to get those suckers down. I tried washing the powder down with water and putting it on food. I gagged on some today. Any suggestions?

I hope my new ticker shows up. I'm not real sure about that ticker site.
Less is More

merryterry
on 12/15/08 1:17 am - AZ
try ticker again
Less is More

DaNelle H.
on 12/15/08 1:34 am, edited 12/15/08 1:56 am - Phoenix, AZ
 Hi!

I just signed on to this message board and it'll take me a while to figure it out.  But I want to say congratulations, and I hope to meet you at the post op class on Thursday.  My surgery with Dr Blackstone was Friday the 12th, and I got the new realize band too!  

Had my first solid food a little while ago.  It tasted so good!  Best egg I every ate!

I don't own a scale, so I have no idea how much weight gain/loss is going on this week.  I think I'm ok with not knowing.....!  I'll weight on Thursday when I'm at the hospital....

Happy rest of your new life!

DaNelle 

JRinAZ
on 12/15/08 2:13 am - Layton, UT

Welcome DaNelle and congrats on your new band!  ....Jump in with comments, questions or just babble any ol time and keep us posted on your downward journey!

LOSER'S ROCK!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

DaNelle H.
on 12/15/08 9:44 am - Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Joyce! 
What a friendly group this is. 
I think I may stick around a while.
DaNelle 

merryterry
on 12/15/08 8:29 am - AZ
Hi, DaNelle,

I think we sat together at the pre-op class in November! How was your week at the resort? I'm doing my post-op class on the 22nd because I can't afford to miss anymore work and I'm off for winter break then. Sorry I'll miss you.

I just got a scale this past summer and realized what a dope I was not to have one before. Maybe if I'd had one, I wouldn't have gotten so heavy. It was motivating over the summer to check everyday to see if I lost or to be careful if I gained some and put a stop to that.

Hope things go well for you as far as recovery and weight loss go. maybe we'll meet up at a support group meeting.

DaNelle H.
on 12/15/08 9:37 am - Phoenix, AZ
Yes!  We did sit with each other.  Still have a little anesthia brain fade, I guess....

The resort was terrific.  Very peaceful and quiet and out of the usual routine.  A great way to start my new life.

My surgery went great.  I was outpatient at Piper.  Surgery started on time at 8am, and I was on my way to the hotel at 1pm.

My sister came down from Pinetop to take care of me.  We had wonderful sister bonding time.  She is a CNA, so I was in pretty good hands.

My friend having the bypass wasn't able to join me.  She had some complications and had to stay at the hospital til Saturday.  (She's home now and doing fine).

I hope we do meet up at Support Group.  I plan to go starting in January.  Not quite up to it just yet.

Good luck to you too!  Hope when we see each other next, we are both losers!

DaNelle 

(deactivated member)
on 12/15/08 9:22 am - AZ
Hi DaNelle,

I love your name, it is so different. Congrats on your new band. I don't own a scale either but maybe Santa with bring me one. Welcome to the losers side. If you have any questions I will try to help. There are alot of nice people on this site and I learn alot from them. Good Luck and keep us posted of your weight loss.

Dawn
DaNelle H.
on 12/15/08 9:48 am - Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Dawn!

Yeah, my parents were pretty creative in the naming department.

If I ever figure out how to hook up the Wii Fit I just gave myself for Christmas, I think it has a scale included.  So I guess I own one, just don't know how to use it!

This is such a friendly group.  I'm pretty excited to discover all of you.  Should have been checking around sooner, I would have had all this wonderful support sooner!
DaNelle 

RayM
on 12/15/08 1:47 am - Surprise, AZ
Pills are hard to take at first.  I had a very very hard problem at first.  When I still needed my diabetic meds when you broke them up there were so many of them I could not take them and drink the water needed. 
Most Active