Got my date

mskk
on 12/12/08 3:57 am - Kingman, AZ

Jan 8th, 2009  - DS
Great way to start my new life at the start of a new year.

Working on a new computer for home - once set up will be able to be more involved.

Thanks to those who answered me - I will be in touch soon.

ScottAZ
on 12/12/08 4:24 am - Charleston, WV
Congrats on the Surgery date... He is a great Dr.. :-) 

Scott

Nov 2007 start 6 month diet at 380 lbs 

(deactivated member)
on 12/12/08 9:23 am - AZ
Carol,

Congrats on your surgery date. That's 1 day after my birthday. You picked the best doctor in the whole world. He is so caring and understanding. Your going the DS route and wish I could of had years ago. I hope to meet you at Dr Schlesinger's next group meeting on Dec 20, 2008. You can meet all kinds of different patients there. Lapbander's, RNYer's, ERNY'S and DS'ers. Some are preop and postop. There are all kinds of us that go. The group is just getting bigger and bigger. We really do have a great support system among us. If you have any questions you can PM me which is personal message me if you like. I will try to help in anyway. Just to let you know I am a Extended RNY patient. Half DS intestine and RNY stomach. Welcome to the group. Good Luck if I don;t get to meet you till after surgery.

Dawn B
mskk
on 12/15/08 2:21 am - Kingman, AZ
What time on Dec 20th - I live in Kingman AZ - but I am staying overnight - maybe I can get there.
Let me know please

I read somewhere that you are originally from Mich - is that correct?  Anyway if that was you from MI - I was born and raised in Detroit.

Thanks
(deactivated member)
on 12/15/08 2:58 am - AZ
Dr Schlesinger groups starts at 3.30 pm this Saturday. Usually 2 days before group and the day before group a automatic posting goes up for the group as a reminder email. Yes, I am from Michigan. I am 30 mins south of Detroit and grew up on a Island called Grosse Ile. It is near Trenton and Wyandotte on the water front. I worked at all the DMC hospital and my sister has worked at Children's Hospital of Michigan for 25 years. My Mom retired from St John Hospital in East Detroit or it is now called East Point. I have worked at Children's, Harper Grace Hospital , Detroit Receiving Hospital and Riverside Osteopathic Hospital ion Trenton but they tore this old beautiful hospital down and buil****er front condo's. I graduated high school in 1980 and moved to AZ in 1997.
It is a small world isn't it.

Dawn
DAWN CAREY
on 12/12/08 11:29 pm - Peoria, AZ
Good Luck!! I bet you are excited as all of us were!

My facebook page is www.facebook.com/dawncarey

Most Active