New to AZ

Midgie67
on 12/12/08 12:03 am - Yuma, AZ
Hi,

I just moved to Yuma AZ three weeks ago.  Came from MA.  I had my surgery about 16 months ago and have lost over 200 lbs.

Can anyone recommend a good doctor (PCP or Surgeon) in my area?  I am figuring I may have to go to Phoenix or San Diego for a weight center????  As I said, only been in Yuma for 3 weeks so I am not sure of what is around.

Thanks
Margery
JRinAZ
on 12/12/08 1:07 am - Layton, UT
Margery!
I don't know a thing about Yuma so can't help you but wanted to welcome you to AZ!!!  .....  If you ever come this direction then give us a shout.  We can point you in the direction of some good Phoenix docs, some great support groups and some fabulous people!

200 lbs!  Wow!  Weigh 2 go!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

(deactivated member)
on 12/12/08 9:32 am - AZ
Hi Margery,
Welcome to AZ. It is always cool to welcome people to this site. I don't even know where Yuma is in AZ. But if you come to Phoenix there are plenty of doctors to see. If you have any questions you can PM me or personal message me if you like and I will try to help you out the best I can. Are you from Maine or Mass. Both very nice states that I have been to. Congrats on your big weight loss. I had a ERNY July 2, 2008. I have lost 85 lbs so far. I am getting excited about it. . I would try to hook you up with groups to go to but I don't know were Yuma is. But the Obesity Help people know where the groups are in your area. That's how I found about the ones in my area. Hope to hear from you and again Welcome!!!!
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 12/13/08 7:31 am - Tucson, AZ
Margery

I did a "google" search and came up with this.  Hope it is helpful.

City: YUMA
Phone: 928-783-7142
Email:
[email protected]

It also mentioned that the Regional Hospital there had a gastric bypass support group.
Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

sshopper
on 12/22/08 10:37 am, edited 12/22/08 10:39 am - Yuma, AZ
Hey there! I am in Yuma and have been almost my whole life. There are no bariatric doctors or facilities in Yuma. I just read today there is a doctor in Calexico CA, but I think his practice is actually in Mexico, not the US. There is also one listed in Brawley CA which is about an hour and 15 minutes. My surgeon is in Palm Springs CA and I spend 6 hours on the road just to see him.

If you are looking for JUST a PCP, contact Mahesh Subbu. He is FABULOUS and he does have several bariatric patients so he is familiar with some of the needs. He might be a place to start. His number is 329-7000, but they are closed until just after the 1st of the year.

Good luck! Ask away if you have any questions about the area.
Midgie67
on 12/22/08 11:26 am - Yuma, AZ
Thanks to everyone's responses!  They were great...I had been away from the computer for awhile and came back to all this!!!  It is great.

Thanks again!
Margery
Most Active