I am new to Arizona

DAWN CAREY
on 12/10/08 3:29 pm - Peoria, AZ
Hello all, my name is Dawn and I moved to Peoria, Arizona 8 months ago.  I love it out here.  I moved from Chicago.  I had my surgery a little over a year and a half ago.  I have lost a total of 185 pounds since I was 12 months post opt.  I am going to start coming back to this site to chat with all of you.  It kinda sucks being out here because I dont have my normal SUPPORT group, that I have always went to in Illinois.  Does anyone know of any support groups, close to Peoria? I hope to chat with all of you.  I need to get updated pictures of me on here.  Isnt it the greatest feeling losing all that weight.  No one recognizes me lol.  Take Care~ Dawn

My facebook page is www.facebook.com/dawncarey

ginau
on 12/10/08 9:10 pm - mesa, AZ
Welcome Dawn.

There are lots of groups out here, a couple up in your area. there are peer lead  groups and a couple Dr's groups open to all patients.  I am  Sure Dawn or Ann will chime in with information.

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

JRinAZ
on 12/10/08 11:00 pm - Layton, UT

Hiya Dawn!  .....  You left Chicago at a great time of year!  Brrrrrrrrrr!
Welcome to AZ!!!    Congrats on your amazing weight loss!  Wow!  .....  I agree that support is sooooo very valuable!  I'm a support group junky and try to hit at least ONE support group each week.  They are all over the valley at different days/times.  I'll try and gather the newest details and post a giant list at the top of 09.  There are at least 3 options over in your neck of the woods.  Ann M has a group in Sun City, there's a group at Banner Estrella and then Dr. Schlesinger's group is in N Phoenix and is open to all as well.

BUT....cross off your Saturday evening plans and join bunches of us from all areas of AZ for a Holiday Party on Saturday!  We're in different phases of the losing process, all have differenty surgery types, different surgeon's, etc but  are all on the same healthy journey!  You can read some of the back posts to get the directions.  Join us?

I look forward to meeting you soon!  Enjoy our sunshine and all of our fun outdoor options for adventures!

Tree     Seasons Greetings

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

(deactivated member)
on 12/10/08 11:38 pm - AZ
Hi Dawn Carey,

My name is Dawn B and I live in Peoria myself. You are very welcome to join our support groups. There is Banner Estrella that meets the 2nd and 4 th Saturdays of the month. It is located on Thomas rd off of the 101. That meeting starts at 10.30am to 12 noon. All different types of WLS people go. You got your RNYers and LapBanders and Dsers. Preop and Postops. I hope I did not forget anyone else. The more the funner. There is also a new group that has just started in Sun City by Ann Miller. Any one is welcome. This group meets the 1st Saturday of the month. Than there is Dr Schlesinger's group that meets the 3rd Saturday of the month. So the WestValley has a meeting every Saturday. You can PM if you have any questions. I will help you in anyway I can. I can't wait to meet ya.  PS I am from Detroit.

Dawn B
ginau
on 12/11/08 12:22 am - mesa, AZ
Dawn

Now that I am fully awake .... What part of Chicago are you from ??  I grew up in south Subs  Oak Forest to be exact.

Your more than welcome to come join our Holiday Party this week-end.  Give me a call  at  480 234-9622

Its on the East side in Lovely Mesa

817 e Kael st   ( Horne & Mc Kellips )

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Nita S.
on 12/11/08 7:07 am - Avondale, AZ
OMG Jeanna,

I grew up in Melrose Park/Northlake area!!!  What High School did you go to, I went to Proviso West. 

Nita
Revision 11/06/2008

DAWN CAREY
on 12/11/08 6:32 am - Peoria, AZ
Thanks for all the info guys! I appreciate it.  Also thanks for the invite!! I will see if I can come. 
I am from Joliet originally.  Its soooooooooo cold there lol.  Its nice to meet all of you!

Nita S.
on 12/11/08 7:09 am - Avondale, AZ
Hi Dawn,

We have a meeting this week on Saturday at Banner Estrella Hospital (101 and McDowell) at 10:30 am in conference room 3.  We would love to have you at the meeting.   

Nita
Revision 11/06/2008

DAWN CAREY
on 12/11/08 7:43 am - Peoria, AZ
Thank you kindly!!! Obviously the meeting is open to everyone! I havent been to a meeting in months!! I will definately be there! Thanks!!

Ann M.
on 12/14/08 12:35 am - Peoria, AZ
Hi Dawn & Welcome to sunny AZ.  I'm originally from Ohio but lived in central Michigan for 29 years before moving to the sunshine and no snow. 

I am the group leader of the new Sun Cities Area WLS group.  The next meeting is January 3, 2009 in Sun City which isn't too far from you.  The location is the Sun City Room behind 12420 103rd Avenue.  If coming up Grand Ave, go to 103rd (Grand Speedy gas station on SE corner) and turn left.  Go to Coggins (1 block) and turn right.  You'll see the Sun City Room on your left.  The meeting is from 10:30 - noon.  I hope to have a special presentation at the January meeting.  I hope you can make it.  Click on my name and send me a message if you need any more information.  I'm looking forward to meeting you.  Ann
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
Most Active