I am freaking out!

merryterry
on 12/9/08 9:50 am - AZ
It's seems all I've done for the past 6 weeks is work and get tests for surgery. I was supposed to have a lower exremety ultrasound on Friday but my PCPs office didn't schedule it for the right place. So Dr. Blackstone's office scurried for me (thanks, Stella!) and now I can have that at 6:30 tomorrow morning-about 4 1/2 hours before surgery. BUT: my cardiologist's office never sent in my cardiac clearance!! I distinctly remember giving them the fax number and the dr. said it would be there by Monday and this was over 2 weeks ago! And their phones were out today, so all we could do was leave messages with the answering service who said they would fax the office. So, even though a took off a day's worth of work for that one thing, if the results can't be sent, I'm screwed! I've spent the past 5 days getting things ready for a sub for my classes, too.

I just want to get this over with!

So, now besides freaking out, I'm waiting for the magnesium citrate to work.
Deanne K.
on 12/9/08 10:05 am - Tucson, AZ
I sure hope that everything works out for you tomorrow.  The mag citrate never works for me.  If it doesn't work soon, give them a call.  I remmber calling her at 10:00pm the night before.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Chris S.
on 12/9/08 11:06 am - Tempe, AZ

I hope everything got worked out. 

I enjoyed meeting you at the meeting last Saturday and am anxious to hear how everything went. 

let us know how it all goes.

Take Care
Chris

Ann M.
on 12/9/08 12:35 pm - Peoria, AZ
Terry, I hope everything got cleared today.  It's tough waiting and then when the i's aren't dotted or the t's aren't crossed, you tend to think the worst.  The surgery will happen and you'll be on your new journey.  I had problems with a last minute blood test not making it to the surgeon's office when it was supposed to.  The problem got resolved and I was on the operating table as scheduled.

We're here for you so don't freak out so much.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
merryterry
on 12/9/08 2:13 pm - AZ
Thank you everyone for your kind words. I have a few hours between the ultrasound and pre-op prep so I figure I can go to the nearest office the the cardiology practice and make sure they have sent it if worse comes to worse. This has taken 10 months of my life and lots of sick time from work so far so it's going to happen. If nothing else, the whole process has reminded me of how determined I can be!
JRinAZ
on 12/9/08 10:06 pm - Layton, UT
MerryTerry,

Prayers your way for today sweetie pie! 

WaitingSunshine   Too Happy 1
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

(deactivated member)
on 12/10/08 2:08 pm - AZ
MerryTerry,

The hospital will call your cardiologist and have them fax  your cardiac clearance report. Just relax and take a big deep breath. You will be on the loser's bench soon. It is normal to freak out. Good luck .
Most Active