Just got the approval call...So what's next?

(deactivated member)
on 12/2/08 2:57 pm - AZ
I got a prelim surgery date of 12/22/08.  I got the call today and was not very sure if I would get the thumbs up since my BMI was between 39.9-40.2 the whole way through the past 56 days this process took.  She said I was approved and I was talking over her.  When she stayed quiet for about 30 seconds I said, are you there?  she said yes.  I said, did you say I was approved?  she said yes.  that was it. haha. I was like, wow, that was it?

I was just lucky on getting those cancelled appts spots and having all my stuff together for the doc and ins. company.

So with the possibilty of the 22nd being DDay, I should be getting a call this week from the doc to set up my pre op work.  Any tips on all around male vitamins?  Also, are there any preop/post op groups in the area of the west valley.

Buckeye here, or East LA if you consider how far out we are.
Nita S.
on 12/2/08 11:05 pm - Avondale, AZ
Congrats on the date.  I am not a lap band, but I am sure that there are pleanty of people here that can help with the dos and don'ts.  We have an awesome west vally group that meets on the 2nd and 4th Saturday of the month at Banner Estrella Hospital in Conference room 3.  We are a group for all types of surgery and welcome all.  Cone and join us we would love to have you.

Nita
Revision 11/06/2008

(deactivated member)
on 12/3/08 4:24 am - AZ
Sounds great. Banner Estrella is about 15 minutes away too.   I take it the 13th will be the next meeting? If so, what time?
Nita S.
on 12/4/08 9:21 am - Avondale, AZ
I am sorry it is taking me so long to respond, I am trying to find out if we are meeting that day, as the Christmas Party for Dr Schlesinger's group (well it is actually the Chandler group but we were asked if we wanted to join them) is that day.  I am still checking and as soon as I find out, I will let you know.

Nita
Revision 11/06/2008

(deactivated member)
on 12/5/08 1:14 pm - AZ
Nita,

Dr Schlesinger's group meets every 3rd Saturday of the month. As far as I know he is still having group on Dec 20Th. I think you mean that Banner Estrella meeting is Dec 13 is having there group meeting at 10.30 am at Banner Estrella Hospital conference room. Dr Schlesinger's group and Chandler and Banner Estrella  people and any one that wants to go can go to Jeanna U Christmas party that starts at 5pm Saturday Dec 13, the same day of Banner Estrella group meeting.

Dawn
(deactivated member)
on 12/5/08 1:27 pm - AZ
Hi Fat in the Past,

Welcome to our site. I think you should check out the Lap band site. I am a Extended RNY and they will better to answer your questions better. I know the Vitamin requirements are different then mine. Make sure you take a good multi vit and calcium citrate not calcium carbonate.. Congratulations to getting approved. I was looking at your profile. What kind of cop were you ? I never seen a uniform like that but in Canada Mounted police. Is your motorcycle a Harley ? It looks like my brothers sportster one. Same color. Your bike is so cool. If you have any question just let us know. We are very supportive on this site.
Nita S.
on 12/10/08 3:53 am - Avondale, AZ
Hey sorry for the delay, but we ARE having a meeting on Saturday at 10:30 am at Banner Estrella Hospital in conference Room 3.  Hope to see you there. 

Nita
Revision 11/06/2008

Chris S.
on 12/10/08 10:14 am - Tempe, AZ
Nita thanks for posting the update I was wondering this myself.

Most Active