After 7 weeks, I'm finally approved!

Lisa_Rene
on 12/2/08 8:02 am - El Mirage, AZ
Wow, I can't believe I heard yesterday from the doctor's office and I've been approved for RNY. My insurance paperwork was submitted on October 10th. Do you think it took Aetna long enough to review my papwork..lol They did the same thing last time I tried for WLS, but I was denied after 7 weeks of waiting.
It's hard to believe actually. Since I really didn't think i was going to get approved this time either, I haven't been reading and following up on things like I should of.
But I'm looking forward to getting back on here and seeing how things are going with everyone. It's such a wonderful sight for information and everyone is so helpful with their information and support. I'm going and get the surgery in January. Too many things going on right now with work and family. I'll start the year off fresh and with a clean slate

So, any thoughts and helpful hints will greatly be appreicated!

Lisa
Ricardo B.
on 12/2/08 8:20 am - Tucson, AZ
Congrats on the approval it took me about 30 days to get denied and then to get it reversed.  moving fast now, they have scheduled my surgery for Tuesday Dec. 9th.  good luck to you in your journey...
merryterry
on 12/2/08 8:59 am - AZ
I went to my surgeon's seminar in February! My surgery is next Wednesday, the 10th. I didn't get denied, but it sure took awhile to get everything together.

Now, I'm working on a case of nerves, I think. I'm feeling great one minute, then tired and feeling well the next. My stomach is tied up in knots. I can't sleep. I'm so looking forward to changes, but not looking forward to changing. Maybe that's it.

it will come and I'll succeed!

iveseenital
on 12/2/08 11:14 am - AZ
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Chris S.
on 12/2/08 11:29 am, edited 12/2/08 11:30 am - Tempe, AZ
Being a recipient of a Aetna denial I am very jealous of your approval but very happy to see they came to their senses in your case and approved you.

Best of luck :)

Most Active