Wls and Tricare ins.

Diamonds-r-4ever
on 11/30/08 2:52 pm - Winlock, WA
Hi all, I was wondering if any one has used tricare insurance for lapband surgery. I would like to know how much out of pocket they had to spend. I need to get banded soon. I am yoyoing so much. I don't know if it is meds or depression.  I you can let me know I would Greatly appreciate it. Then I would know what my goal will be. Thanks all for help
MShawn62
on 12/2/08 2:04 am - Avondale, AZ
Hi,

Which Tricare do you have.  I have Tricare prime and I had RNY and had to pay my normal co-pays for doctor visits and test and I think the hospital was covered except for something like 20 dollars a day. 

Shawn
Diamonds-r-4ever
on 12/2/08 4:49 am - Winlock, WA
I have the tricare standard.  I'm afraind to get the process started and not have the money to get it finished. I have been to every seminar in the phoenix area. Only one will give me an approximate amount I may have to pay and that is like $4000 dollars out of pocket. I was told I'll have to pay for a mental eval myself which is about $200. I just need more info. Thanks if you can give me some more or who I should call.

Wanda
jenniebr
on 12/2/08 5:14 am - queen creek, AZ

Wanda,

Call Tri-Care and ask them about your coverage. CPT code for lapband is 43770. Most patients are covered at 100% with an in-network provider after your co-pay.  Which means you pay only the co-pays.  Band fills are covered with your co-pay also. 

Tri-Care auths are fairly easy if you meet criteria.   I love Tri-Care for that reason alone!

As far as the psych eval, you can get a referral from your PCP and just pay your $12.  There are not too many that accept Tri-Care but they are out there. 

If you need any help please let me know.

Good Luck

Jen
Banded 12/15/05
At goal-7/14/06
Total Loss-140 pounds
Diamonds-r-4ever
on 12/2/08 6:34 am - Winlock, WA
Hi Jen,   Did you go thru the WLI? The reason for the Question is I went to there Seminar and they said I needed to come up with about $4000 for the surgery? Why would that be?

Wanda
jenniebr
on 12/2/08 10:14 am - queen creek, AZ
Wanda,
I had my surgery with Dr Debarros, it was the WISH center but became WLIA 6 weeks after my surgery.  Not sure of the exact breakdown but basically they charge a program fee, a support fee and then the co-surgeon fee.  They have a monthly support meetings and an awesome dietician along with the psych guy at the meetings.  Most other offices offer monthly support meetings at no cost to the patient.  You can check the boards for the groups around the valley.  Not sure what part of town you are in but there is one in about every part of the valley. 
I feel Dr DeBarros and Dr Orris are fantastic!  I did lose 140 lbs after all!    I now work with Dr Schlesinger and do not want you to think I am steering you away from any program.  I am just giving you answers to your questions.
I love to help anyone in this journey to a healthier life!
Let me know if you need anything!

Jen
Most Active