A non-WLS question-ISPs

merryterry
on 11/28/08 12:34 am - AZ
I'm looking for a new internet service provider. We had Qwest but that relationship broke up in a bad way. We now have Cox but the cable TV quality is poor-picture and sound is always breaking up. I couldn't even listen to a music station last night. We'd like to back to Direct TV, but need a new internet provider, plus phone, too.

I haven't heard of any other providers around here. Any ideas? I'm in the NW valley of the greater PHX area-Peoria/Surprise

BTW-13 DAYS UNTIL SURGERY!!!!
Chris S.
on 11/28/08 2:25 am - Tempe, AZ
I have COX for internet, TV and phone.

Have you called COX for you problem?  I had a very similar problem with a pixilated picture, sound all screwed up etc and called them.  They came out did a check on the line and found it was old coax and ran all new line and I have not had a problem since. 

I am not a fan of Direct TV simply becuse you would then have to go back to DSL internet and I prefer cable but it is all a personal liking I guess.

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 11/28/08 3:16 am - Tucson, AZ
I am very happy with Cox.  I had the same problem with my coax, the one outside.  They dug a trench and replaced the whole thing for free.  I have had not problems since.  I have the bundle with my phone, internet and cable.
Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

desert rat
on 11/28/08 6:12 am - Goodyear, AZ

Terry,

We have had Cox Internet & phone bundled for about 5 years now and have stuck with Direct TV for nearly 10 years.  We wouldn't do Cox Cable... They actually couldn't pay me enough to give up Direct TV but you can split service providers and it does not cause any problems.  Just call Cox and cancel the tv portion of the service and keep the phone and internet.  It has worked very well for us.

Good luck and congrats on the surgery!

Dj

Pre-Op 316.  Currently 134.  Goal was 135 but I'm ecstatic.
FLGail
on 11/28/08 7:23 am - Sun City, AZ
Hey DJ, How's school going? I met you and you husband at the OH conference in September.
We hope to get there some time next year. You know houses arent selling well but here's hoping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Take Care,    Gail
desert rat
on 11/28/08 12:28 pm - Goodyear, AZ
Hey Gail,

I remember you & your husband.  I hope things come together for you soon.  Houses aren't selling here either.  House values have fallen here more than in many other parts of the country, so we can feel your pain.  Hang in there and don't feel you have to go before the house sells.

School's going well.  I'm only taking one class right now but will be taking two next semester.  You just have to take them as they are available, huh?  It's okay, I'll get it done in God's time, not mine!

Take care yourself and stay in touch,
Dj
 Pre-Op 316.  Currently 134.  Goal was 135 but I'm ecstatic.
(deactivated member)
on 11/28/08 11:48 am, edited 11/28/08 11:49 am - AZ
I live in the NW valley and live in Peoria. I had the very same problem. They put in new wiring and gave me a new DVR box. I have not have a problem since and very happy with the bundle package from Cox. Call Cox and demand them to credit your account for the bad service . I did that and got a week for free. Good Luck with your surgery.
Ann M.
on 11/30/08 7:59 pm - Peoria, AZ
I also have Cox bundled.  I had a problem with sound and called them and they came out and re-did the wiring and now everything is A-ok.  When you call, ask for Tier 2 service.  They are more knowledgeable and will go the extra mile to help you.  If they balk, tell them you want to cancel and then they'll put you to customer retention and you can almost name your price to get them to do your bidding (including a refund for some of the charges you had for bad service).  We've had both DISH and DIRECTV and ended up hating them and couldn't wait to be up with the contract time.  I really like Cox.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
Most Active