One Year Bandversary!

nostood
on 11/25/08 1:20 pm - Gilbert, AZ

This is the eve of my one year anniversary since I was banded.  I have lost a total of 135 pounds.  I still have more to go, but beyond thrilled at how far I have come.  I am so thankful and wanted to reflect on all of the things I am grateful for:

1.  The freedom from worrying about "what am I going to do about my weight."  I did do something!!!

2.  Fitting into an airplane seat without an extender, walking down the airplane aisle without banging into everyone.

3.  Not worrying about fitting into a booth.

4.  Being able to navigate through a room and not worry about fitting between things.

5.  Shopping at regular stores in regular sizes.

6.  Being able to look in the full length mirror and feeling ok (not to great yet, but on my way).

7.  Have the energy to organize and do things around my house.

8.  Able to exercise without feeling like I am going to die after two minutes.

9.  Not having people give me "wide berth" when I walk by.

10.  Being able to sit with my legs crossed.

11.  Be able to Christmas shop for the first time in years and not worry about how much walking i involved - in fact not even thinking about walking.

12.  Not being in pain in my knees and feet with every step.

13.  Not planning my whole day in the morning so that I don't have to go upstairs again until I go to bed - now I freely run up and down the stairs.

14.  Planning for long-term success for keeping the weight off - not feeling iike that is not possible, but knowing it will be based on following my doctor's rules and participating in support groups.

15.  Not being ruled by my next meal.

I am truly blessed for such a new life that I have in such a short year.  I love my band!  Thank you to everyone for your support encouragement!

Nita S.
on 11/26/08 10:54 am - Avondale, AZ
Way to go!!!!  I think that is just awesome.  I love love your gratitude list, especially at this time of year.  Keep up the good work.  Your band is a tool and you must really be working it right!!
I am happy dancing right along with you.

Nita
Revision 11/06/2008

JRinAZ
on 11/30/08 11:08 pm - Layton, UT

Theresa!!!!

Celebratin with you sweetie pie! data not applicable

You look FABULOUS!!!!Bouncy

I really LOVE your # 14!!!  ......  I'll see you at support groups soon!!!!....  (and...C U Thursday!)

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Garys
on 12/2/08 1:17 pm - Mesa, AZ

Most excellent post!

I too am a ways from my end goals but the progess that i have made thus far is very encouraging.

I can relate to just about everything on the list except the flying on a plane without the seatbelt extender and I hope to give that a shot sometime next year.

"Controlling my food,    instead of my food controlling Me!

Most Active