Hi Arizona..here's an Eydie update!!!

motorhomemama
on 11/24/08 12:26 pm - Okotoks, Canada
Well, I got banded on Nov 19th in Edmonton.  Not the greatest experience due to a poor hospital and lack of post op info but I am home and I am doing okay.  On full fluids until DEc 2 then see the surgeon again.

They had a hard time getting the band in place due to adhesions from old surgeries so the procedure took 2 1/2 hours  and i have 8 holes in my belly .   I went to an easy exercise class today and did fine so I think I am on the mend and ready to get on with the weight loss journey.
Surgeon says i can probably come to AZ for a while after my first fill (Dec 23) and then just fly home about 6 weeks later for another fill.  Can't wait ....it is damn cold uphere lately but not much snow yet thank  goodness.

Love and best wishes to you all Eydie
342/298/280175  highest / surgery  wtNov 19/08/ current/ goal
beckipoohbear
on 11/25/08 12:02 am - AZ
Glad to here everything went relatively well and you are now with all of us on the loser's bench!! Way to go!! I know it wasn't exactly everything you wanted but I have faith you can make this work and be successful in the long run.  Keep it up and don't get too cold!

Rebecca
3  1/2 Marathons down!!! Getting ready to try a marathon!
Day of surgery - 252.5 Highest weight - 269 Goal weight - 134, reached!!

Ann M.
on 11/25/08 2:49 am - Peoria, AZ
Welcome to the loser's bench Eydie.  I'm anxious to meet you when you get here to AZ.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
Gena L.
on 11/25/08 11:30 am - Sun City, AZ
Congratulations Edyie....I am happy to hear your surgery is done and that you seem to be doing very well. I am proud of you for going through with it despite your misgivings.  You can do this!  We look forward to following your story and hope to meet you when you get down here.

Gena

JRinAZ
on 11/30/08 10:33 pm - Layton, UT

Eydie!
Congrats on your new BAND!!!  Wooooooooo Hoooooooooo!  Stay by a nice toasty fire during your chilly winter and you'll MELT away!!!!

LOSER'S ROCK!!!! 

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Most Active