Skin Issues

Deanne K.
on 11/19/08 8:14 am - Tucson, AZ
Hi All,
Since my revision I have noticed that I have alot of clogged pores I think.  The skin is no longer smooth and it's very rough.  I use a moisturizer on my face and it doesn't seem to help.  Any ideas?  It just seems everything is coming out my skin.  I didn't have this with my original surgery 4 years ago.
Deanne
(deactivated member)
on 11/20/08 12:56 am - AZ
Deanne,

I notice this happened to me right after surgery. I had a zillion clogged pores and did not know why. I washed my face 2 times a day with a cleanser and it did no good. Now I notice my face is back to normal. But my skin is really dry to the point my skin over my knuckles hurt me. I been putting on gobs of lotion but it does not work. I bought a sensitive skin moisturizer from Ulta and it seems to be helping. I have no clue if this is related to our revision. I drink tons of water every day and it can't be from a lack of fluids.
Deanne K.
on 11/20/08 1:09 am - Tucson, AZ
Hey Dawn,
It's unfortunately not just my fact, it all over my neck, upper back.  It just is so weird feeling and rough, it makes my skin look awlful.  Thanks for the tips, I will try a different moisturizer on my face.  I have been using Mary Kay, and it doesn't seem to help.
Deanne
ginau
on 11/20/08 2:08 am - mesa, AZ
Deanne 

Remember your not absorbing Fats and oils the same way as before. and yes your skin is going to pay the price !    You  will need to use a  heavy  creams that contains  EFA  essential fatty acids  to help keep skin & hair   soft.   

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

L. TP
on 11/22/08 9:54 am
Going through it too.  Use a good exfoliator once a week.  I found this to REALLY help.  I also started on silica with hair and nail additives.  Its a vitamin you can get at sprouts and whole foods.  Within a week I noticed my hair wasn't coming out and the skin issue was getting better. I was highly skeptical. 
Most Active