New Q regarding Gas pains

azrosebud07
on 11/18/08 1:49 am - Chandler, AZ

Thanks for your ideas.  I've been walking, walking, walking - even probably over did the distance yesterday and was paying for it.

I have a really sharp pain on my right middle side going towards the back (almost my side, but more towards the back if that makes sense)  I'd been chalking it up to gas pain, but dang - it is such a sharp pain I can't even take a deep breath and if I have hicup or the like it doubles me over the pain is so intense.  Does that still sound like gas?  I already called Dr. S's office, but he is out until next week and was told going to the ER was my only option (which at this point I am NOT willing to do).

ginau
on 11/18/08 2:04 am - mesa, AZ
Jackie 

How long has this been going on ??  if it's  consistant and more than a  couple days  then you need to go in  and have it checked out.

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

azrosebud07
on 11/18/08 2:32 am - Chandler, AZ
It has only been since 4am this morning so I'll pay attention to how long.  I am upping my walking even more today and going to be pushing the fluids too and see if I notice a change.
ginau
on 11/18/08 4:26 am - mesa, AZ

Jackie

Relief - Only a couple hours ? I thought it was going on for a couple days .   journal it and  see if you find a trend - Some foods  do worse things to me .   it's going to take your body time to adjust .  Be patient and if it gets worse  call Dr S office

Just Listen to Joyce - She  knows it well !

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

JRinAZ
on 11/18/08 3:05 am - Layton, UT
Hey Jackie!
Journal your nutritional intake and check out your responses following certain things.  Are you having any dairy products?  Milk?  .......  It's very common to have lactose intollerance for a time right after Rny.  Those gas pains are killers like non other!

Can you have a warm shower yet?  Sometimes letting the warm water just run over the achy area can relax the muscles, release the gas, soothe you.

Does Lortab take the edge off?  Try sipping some warm (not hot) broth or decaf tea.  When my gas pains get to the point that it seems aliens are reproducing within..........I sip warm cranberry or other herbal tea and it relaxes the system.

Warm heating pad to area?

If it doesn't let up then PLEEEEEZ don't wait for Dr. S toget back before getting checked.  I think Dr. Heffel covers for Dr. S right?  Dr. Heffel used  to be a Bariatric surgeon and is "in the know".....also.......Lori at P.V.?

Gentle hugggzzz!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Most Active