Howdy all

ScottAZ
on 11/16/08 11:24 pm - Charleston, WV
Howdy Everyone,

I have not posted in a while and figured it was time.

I have moved back to Phoenix from Palm Springs.  It was a hard choice to leave PS, but with no work I could not longer stay.  I have transfered my school to the phoenix one.  I will be back in classes mid Jan.  I figured this would give e time to find a job.

My first week back was on hell of a ride. 
I got to see my pcp last tuesday and what a joke that was.  It started off with him walking into the room and telling me that I have done great on the weigh****chers. I then explained to him that i had WLS June 23rd.. Well he said he did not know about it.  He did say that the last record he had of me was in Oct 2007 weight at 288 lbs.. Well i did see him in July at 288.. I am freaked out and aked to see my charts and their is no record of my 6 month diet with him, my sleep study, or my letter to the insurance co for approval.  I did get him to order me a ful set of LAB works.. They all came back good, still waiting on the A,D,E, K to come in.  This next part is the killer, I have been on seizure meds for most of my whole life.  I asked for a new RX , because I am about to run out..  Well he gave me the Rx, went to walgreens to get it filled.  About 20 min later walgreens called and said the
AHCCCS
would not pay for it with out an approval.  They faxed something to the dr's office, and i have a copy of the fax he sent back telling them to have me pay the 139.00 my self..... What the F...  I did call the Dr office and got ahold of the new MA and she stated that it was no longer their issue to call in an RX for approval.  I was a little bit pissed so i called the insurance and they inform me that he was required to call it in.. Well i have been going the rounds with the office on this, and on Friday got really pissed and did tell her that if something does happen to me cause I can not get my RX that he has ordered for the last five years I will do what I need to do.
After all this dam mess I did call state aid back and they managed to get me an apt today with a new pcp.  Still trying to figure out what I want to do with the mess with the other Dr. 
Now I just need a job.. I have been sending out resumes every day.

Well thats enough for now.

Scott

Nov 2007 start 6 month diet at 380 lbs 

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 11/16/08 11:30 pm - Tucson, AZ
WOW!!!  Sounds like a new PCP is the way to go.  Hope all works out for you and that you find a great job real fast!!!!
Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

JRinAZ
on 11/17/08 2:24 am - Layton, UT
Scott,
Missed you Saturday!  Glad you are getting settled and back with us!  .....  So, WHAT is your pcp thinking?  One phone call is going to break his routine for the day?  And your lost information?  Hmmmmm!!!!  I can see them being very sorry that happened and wanting to make it up to you by REFUSING to get you a life saving prescription???!!!!  Oh yeah!  That makes sense!

Deep Breathe!.....So how's the job hunt?  What type are you looking for and maybe some of us can throw something your direction.  I seriously doubt anyone on this forum would care if a "non weight related" post came over the boards.  We are all about offering SUPPORT!!!!  Finding employment is sort of necessary to survival!  .....
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Garys
on 11/17/08 2:31 am - Mesa, AZ
Wow, Scott, I am sorry to hear about your Dr.'s office troubles.

I hope you get everything straightened out. In my WLS journey, in fact in most of my medical care in my life, it has never been a problem getting good care but the paperwork has always been a pain in the A$$. 

Again, I hope you get it all sorted out soon.

"Controlling my food,    instead of my food controlling Me!

L. TP
on 11/22/08 10:04 am
You are doing fantastic!  Good luck with the job situation. I know you have some interviews.  May you be blessed just as you have been with your surgery!
Most Active