GET A PNEUMONIA VACCINE!

jenniebr
on 11/16/08 10:30 am - queen creek, AZ

I finally convinced those docs to spring me!  Now that I have been to PVH including 2 ER visits & a 3 day 2 night stay!  Too bad it wasn't a Carnival Cruise!I can honestly state, they were better than most of the hospitals I have been too!  Not  that they are perfect but I can better state to our patients my own experience! 

I recommend that all that are able get a pneumonia vaccine!  I had one before I left, it will protect me for another time not  too much good for this time! 

Had a huge eye opener too!  I know that my diabetes was gone after my lapband.  However my immune system was shot long before I decided to have WLS.  WHO KNEW!  I have been very healthy and fighting a good fight for nearly 3 years.  I am still fighting just now in a different way.  I have been thinking all this time that since I am healthy, feel great, labs are perfect that I am ok to eat whatever including candy. Well NOT!  Even if my blood sugar is fine, I need to not have that in my body.  Its toxic for me.  Sucks to give up the swedish fish but I tossed them out!

I sure missed tons this week, Jackie's big day (we missed each other on Friday)& support group.  I heard it went well dispite the absence of many including Dr S.

Jackie & Nita continue your healing journey! 

Anyway, I am feeling better and hope to be back to work mid-week (crossing those fingers).   Thanks for all the well wishes and support!! 

Jen
Banded 12/15/05
At goal-7/14/06
Total Loss-140 pounds
Nita S.
on 11/16/08 11:48 am - Avondale, AZ
I am so glad that you are on the mend.  You scared us, so don't do that a gain!!!  I thought about having a pneumonia vaccine, and now I guess it is time to stop thinking about it.  I will call my PCP in the morning and see if I can get one.  Take care of yourself, we need you around the office and on the boards, not stuck in bed sick.  I am sure your family is breathing a sigh of relief that you are on the mend.  Thanks for all the hard work you did to get my approval (gosh, did I work you too hard?). 

Nita
Revision 11/06/2008

Andrea O.
on 11/16/08 12:10 pm
Hi Jen,

I am so glad you are feeling better!  You were greatly missed on Saturday!  Please take care of yourself - you always seem to be taking care of the rest of but need to focus on you! 

Hugs to you,
andrea

Garys
on 11/16/08 12:41 pm - Mesa, AZ
Jenn,

Good to see you feeling better. I had hoped to ge to see you when I go int tomorrow for my fill but maybe next time.

"Controlling my food,    instead of my food controlling Me!

Gena L.
on 11/16/08 2:47 pm - Sun City, AZ
Hmmmm, the way my body is acting I best see if it is time for my pneumonia injection too. Glad you are feeling better!

(deactivated member)
on 11/16/08 2:58 pm - AZ
Remember Pneumonia shots should done like every 7 to 10 years. They are not to be taken like flu shots. I can't remember how often we should be getting the pneumonia shot. Best to ask your PCP.
flyrep
on 11/16/08 9:35 pm - AZ
Right, I'm always VERY careful on shots these days.

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
Hard Core Constitutionalist
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 11/16/08 10:18 pm - Tucson, AZ
Jen,  Good to hear you are feeling better and back in your own "bed" .  Joe and I would have stopped by to see you on Saturday, but didn't know how you would feel about visitors.  so happy to hear you are better and maybe going back to work this week.
Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

ScottAZ
on 11/16/08 11:03 pm - Charleston, WV
Jen,

Glad to hear you got sprung out of PVH.  You had all of us worried.  It is true even wonderwomen does get sick... Now rest up get back to work.  I can't wait to see you soon. Say hi to Todd for me too.

Hugs

Scott

Nov 2007 start 6 month diet at 380 lbs 

Deanne K.
on 11/17/08 10:30 am - Tucson, AZ
Hey Jen,
Take care of yourself.  You need to rest so you can take care of your little ones.  You need to take time for yourself periodically and not run yourself too ragged.

You are so right in the importance of getting a pneumonia shot.  My PCP gives them about every 5 years.  It's one of his things that he keeps track of for all his patients.  Including all other vaccinations. 

Hope you get better soon.
Deanne
Most Active