Q & A regarding plastic surgery

Dr.Mazaheri
on 11/14/08 2:51 am - Scottsdale, AZ
Dear AZ weight loss friends,

As a plastic surgeon who has had the privilege of operating on many of your friends, I would be happy to answer some of the questions that you have regarding p.s.  I appreciate this forum that obesity help.com has provided for all of us to exchange information and support.

The most common question I receive is "when is the right time for me to have ps or begin my body contouring journey?"

I realize there may be differing opinions amongst my colleagues and even amongst the pts themselves.  But, I assure you that the first thing to always consider is your health and safety.  After thoroughly reviewing your health history, we can explore your goals and desires.  You should be stable in your weight loss for 3-6 months and preferably be 18 - 24 months post op.  Some of you may be frustrated by not being at a certain wt that is written on some chart.  You may be a great candidate despite not being at your set goal wt.

MEHDI K. MAZAHERI MD, PC (aka Dr. M)
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
www.drmazaheri.com
"Any information contained within is meant to be general medical advice only.  Please consult your surgeon on your specific problem."

FLGail
on 11/14/08 4:50 am - Sun City, AZ
Hi Dr. M. I saw your table at the OH conference in September.I presently live in Tampa Fl,
but I plan on moving here some time early next year. I have heard great things about you from Joyce. Hope to have a consulation with  you once I move out there and no longer have to worry about hurricanes LOL . Living here in Florida I have become a hurricane widow.. Since at that time of year, my hubby is a television meteorologist and I am very much alone!!!!!!!!!!
I am looking to have my arms done and want to talk to you about some other things. Hope to meet with you soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Gail
Dr.Mazaheri
on 11/14/08 5:25 am - Scottsdale, AZ
On November 14, 2008 at 12:50 PM Pacific Time, FLGail wrote:
Hi Dr. M. I saw your table at the OH conference in September.I presently live in Tampa Fl,
but I plan on moving here some time early next year. I have heard great things about you from Joyce. Hope to have a consulation with  you once I move out there and no longer have to worry about hurricanes LOL . Living here in Florida I have become a hurricane widow.. Since at that time of year, my hubby is a television meteorologist and I am very much alone!!!!!!!!!!
I am looking to have my arms done and want to talk to you about some other things. Hope to meet with you soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Gail
Hi Gail,
We can take care of your arms between the FL hurricanes and the AZ monsoons.  Check with your local weatherman for times.

I look forward to meeting you.

www.drmazaheri.com
"Any information contained within is meant to be general medical advice only.  Please consult your surgeon on your specific problem."

flyrep
on 11/14/08 3:32 pm, edited 11/14/08 3:41 pm - AZ
Holly Molly!

A doctor that will post as well. I am in love. Dr. M thank you for taking time with me. I have no concern what so ever about my up coming date with you. I can not wait to see a flat bully on me.

Gail,

Although I'm not getting my arms done with Dr. M I did look at all his photo's. His arm work is some of the best I have seen. Well all of his work is the best I have seen.  I mean that! I did a lot of looking when I 1st started looking into WLS. I knew I would have BIG skin issues. From what I remember seeing and Dr. M pic's his lines are thinner, prettier one could say. I look at everything. I will be having both a lift and tuck with Dr. M on Dec 9Th. Ill post pics on my profile with limited viewing. I'll let everyone know when I do.

Also I used www.carecredit.com which Dr. M office gives info about I had a answer within the same phone call. Very happy to say the least.

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
Hard Core Constitutionalist
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

FLGail
on 11/15/08 7:05 am - Sun City, AZ
Thanks Shannon for the great words o on Dr. M. I will defintley consult with him when I move their this coming year some time.   Gail
(deactivated member)
on 12/15/08 9:00 am - AZ
Flyrep,
Please let me know when your pictures are ready for viewing. When I am done losing my weight I don;t know who I want to go to for by upper arms. They are gigantic. One plastic surgeon said I would have to have a liposuction first that have them excised of my arms. I had 2 other surgeons say they can do it in one procedure. I will be getting a consult with Dr M when the time comes.

Dawn  
Dr.Mazaheri
on 12/15/08 12:59 am - Scottsdale, AZ
Q.     "My sister had a body lift and had to take 6 months off from work to recover.  She had big holes and even needed to go back in to cut out dead and infected stuff.  I still have some more weight to lose before I have my body lift but am worrying about it already.  I'm afraid I'll have all those problems too and can't take 6 months off from work!  Is my sister's recovery typical for body lifts?" R.     I am sorry to hear that your sister had such a rough recovery. This is a very uncommon occurrence. Certain patients are high risk for wound complications such as smokers and /or those with diabetes. The typical recovery should be 2-4 weeks. Also, picking an experienced surgeon who performs these procedures regularly will minimize the risks & complications.

www.drmazaheri.com

Ann M.
on 12/15/08 6:35 am - Peoria, AZ
Dr. M.  What's involved with removing bags from under the eyes?  I have gotten contact lenses and just don't like the looks now.  I did have a chin lift and a face lift (not including eyes) in 2007 in Grand Rapids, MI.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
Dr.Mazaheri
on 12/15/08 7:58 am - Scottsdale, AZ
On December 15, 2008 at 2:35 PM Pacific Time, Ann M. wrote:
Dr. M.  What's involved with removing bags from under the eyes?  I have gotten contact lenses and just don't like the looks now.  I did have a chin lift and a face lift (not including eyes) in 2007 in Grand Rapids, MI.
Ann,
There are two approaches to get access to the fat bags under the eyes. One is the "trans conj" approach which places the incision & subsequent scar inside the lower eyelid. The more common approach for the weight loss patient is usually the "subcilliary" approach which places the incision directly beneath the lash line. This affords the surgeon the ability to remove some excess skin from the lower eyelid at the same time. This surgery is an outpatient procedure with little discomfort.

www.drmazaheri.com

Ann M.
on 12/15/08 8:10 am - Peoria, AZ
Thank you.  I'll have to start saving my money so I can get this done.  I'm glad to hear it has minimal discomfort.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
Most Active