Just Curious

Nita S.
on 11/12/08 9:49 am - Avondale, AZ
Does anyone know if the dumping is the same abet a revision as it was with the original surgery.  I know that the revision makes us malabsorb more, but with nothing done with the pouch and any other part of our anatomy will we dump the same or faster?  Just curious, not anticipating doing anything that will cause any dumping.

Nita
Revision 11/06/2008

ginau
on 11/12/08 9:57 am - mesa, AZ
Hey  Nita

I got back some restriction for a couple weeks ,  but not that  much in the way of dumbing- Thank goodness !!

How are you feeling, up & around , ready to get out?

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Nita S.
on 11/12/08 10:24 am - Avondale, AZ
I am feeling great.  I am slowing doing some things, ya know dishes, but no housework yet.  As soon as Dr Schlesinger takes out my drain I think I will recoup a bit faster.  I have never been one to stay down too long.  I only am in a hurry for the drain, because I can not stand the binder (horrible rash) and since I pin the drain to the binder I have to wear it.  I tried to pin the drain to my bra, but that was not very comfortable and I am too chicken to let it just hang there.... I will venture out tomorrow and get a few groceries (with my husband) and then back home.  How are you doing???

Nita
Revision 11/06/2008

flyrep
on 11/12/08 2:20 pm - AZ
I waswondering why people get Revisions??? I know silly question. Just have to ask.

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
Hard Core Constitutionalist
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

ginau
on 11/12/08 10:05 pm - mesa, AZ
Hi Shannon

Lots of reasons for revision.  weight  regain,  mechanical failure - stretched pouch,  maybe the surgeon did not bypass enough the  first time ?? stoma  wide open, ,  metabolic failure, co mobidities  coming back.

Everyone has a their  own  reason.  and thankfully  we have a wonderful surgeon or two in town  that does them.

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

flyrep
on 11/13/08 12:01 am - AZ
GOod deal! Thank u

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
Hard Core Constitutionalist