Need to find a PCP

carlala30
on 11/11/08 2:33 am
 I'm kinda new here. My PCP is not supportive at all. I have to wait months to see her, which messes me up with trying to get authorized to see the surgeon because with my ins. I need to see her 6 months in a row. 
SO....Does anyone have a good PCP that has time to see their patients and that is supportive and that listens?
Thank you so much for any help.

Carla
Nita S.
on 11/11/08 2:43 am - Avondale, AZ
I don't know what side of town you are on, but if it is the west valley, I recommend Dr Heather O'Toole.  she works out of Southwest Family Practice.  Her office is on McDowell and 107th Ave.  I think she is absoultly great.  Very weight loss surgery friendly and is very willing to do what needs to be done.  I have used her for years.  Her number is 623-936-3312.  If you are on the east side, I do not know where to point you.

Nita
Revision 11/06/2008

ginau
on 11/11/08 3:29 am - mesa, AZ
Dr Lucas in Tempe  is very WLS friendly,  I am sure others will chime in soon.

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Azskyprincess
on 11/11/08 4:51 am - CA
Revision on 01/30/12
Dr Kevin Turner   59th and Union Hills Glendale VERY supportive of WLS
desert rat
on 11/11/08 9:45 am - Goodyear, AZ
At 19th Ave & Bethany Home Rd is the Steingard Medical Group.  The Doctors Scott & Paul Steingard (son & father) are both very supportive.  They also are friends with Dr. Schlesinger, so they are able to get direct information when needed.  You can get into see them as quickly as a day or two and they understand that they have to see you EVERY month for six months to satisfy insurance requirements.

Good luck whomever you choose.
Dj
 Pre-Op 316.  Currently 134.  Goal was 135 but I'm ecstatic.
Chris S.
on 11/11/08 9:52 am, edited 11/11/08 9:53 am - Tempe, AZ
East side I highly recommend Dr. Irwin Levey (Shea & Hayden) he is also a Endocrinologist (sp?) and is extremely knowlegable in WLS and high supportive.

My last visit he told me next month he is going to start me on a vitamin regiment to prepare for surgery. 

To help pay his way through medical school etc he used to council and prepare people for WLS (back in the day of stapling) and he has published studies on WLS, Diets and vitamin regiments for dietary needs. 

He will sit with you and take as much time as you need or want.  You never feel rushed or feel like you are bothering him. 

My mom also goes to him and I told him she was nervous about me preparing for this surgery etc.  When she had her next appointment he spent about 30 minutes explaining to her what the surgery I am having is, what will happen before and after etc.  My mom is very secure in my journey now.

I can't say enough about him!

Never had to wait more than a week to get an appointment either
liveinphx
on 11/11/08 11:14 am - Phoenix, AZ

Ernie Riffer is a great PCP. His office is 16th St between Glendale and Northern. I know he takes Cigna but I am not sure what other plans he accepts.

Whatever you do is it truthful, necessary and kind?
(deactivated member)
on 11/11/08 11:49 am - AZ
I go to Dr Anthony Will. He is very WLS friendly. He will see every month. He is at Midwestern University and is also a Professor there. He is at 59th ave and the 101 off of Union Hills. His number is 623 537 6000. He is young and good looking but married with kids. He is such a good doctor and has great bedside manner.
Dan T.
on 11/11/08 9:54 pm - Logan, UT
Mesa side I have Dr Thomas Sutton.  He is very friendly and very Pro WLS.  I can get it to see him same day sometimes.
Dan

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Most Active