Moving to Arizona in December

kimmee2k
on 11/10/08 6:47 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hello,
My name is Kim and I have been a member on oh since 06. I started my journey in october of 06 and I have had my TT and now will be having breast augmentation  & lift in December just before driving to arizona. I am seeking out some honest opinions of the Litchfield park area, which is where I am buying a home and the downtown area of Phoeniz where I will be working at Phoenix indian medical center on 16th street. Please give me detailed information which will greatly help and any info on the meeting for bariatric support groups.
Thanks so very much.

Kimmee
ginau
on 11/10/08 7:35 am - mesa, AZ
KIm

Welcome !!  I have no clue about that side of town, I live east valley, But no matter what  be prepared for traffic !! Lots of it  - We dont plan roads well here in Az .

As far as groups - we have a few. due to your not being with a specific program  - your best bet will be Dr Schlesingers group,  He accepts all patients  and is a wonderful surgeon. He can also help you with any related issue to your rny .   There is also a westside  Peer lead support group that meets on Sat - I am sure  you will get more info soon .

What will you be doing at the  Indian Hosp ??

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

kimmee2k
on 11/10/08 7:45 am, edited 11/10/08 7:45 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Jeanna,
I am a pediatric RN so I will be working in Pediatrics with the little kids.
Thanks again for the information.
Kim
Andrea O.
on 11/10/08 9:46 am
Hi Kim,

I am not really familiar with the Litchfield Park area but I live in Central Phoenix.  Central Phoenix is pretty much like any other downtown in a big city - there are good areas and bad areas and it can change from one to the other within a block.  I have heard really great things about that hospital and I am sure you will love it! 

You really should come to Dr. Schlesinger's support group.  He is a great surgeon and we have a wonderful group of people at the meetings!

Andrea

kimmee2k
on 11/10/08 12:39 pm, edited 11/11/08 11:22 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Andrea,
thanks for the information on the hospital. I really hope that I do enjoy it. I am looking forward to this but scared at the same time. Continued blessings and Much Success on your journey.
Kimmee
kimmee2k
on 11/10/08 12:41 pm - Phoenix, AZ
(deactivated member)
on 11/10/08 12:13 pm - AZ
Hi Kim,

Welcome to the boards. There is a group on the West Valley that meets the 2nd and 4th Saturday of the month. It is held at Banner Estrella Hospital. It is in the conference rooms right next to the hospital. It meets at 10.30 am to 12 noon. Your always welcome. Dr Schlesinger has a meeting on the 3rd Saturday of the month. Your welcome to attend his. He lets everyone go weather your a patient of his or not. You can be preop or post op or what ever. You will always see a posting before the meetings and it tells you where there at. You can even map quest it. Again welcome and I hope I get to meet you !!

Dawn
kimmee2k
on 11/10/08 12:42 pm, edited 11/11/08 11:14 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Dawn,
thanks for the information. I will look this up when I arrive and I am hoping to meet you as well. I love to meet people that I have emailed on OH. This will be exciting.
Thanks Again,
Kimmee
flyrep
on 11/10/08 4:41 pm - AZ

Welcome to WARM AZ.

Posted By:
~Fun loving Mormon~
 Husband's Best Friend
  ~ FREEDOM Activist ~
Hard Core Constitutionalist
~ Home Schooling MOMMA~

kimmee2k