Newbie with a protein question

AZtyger
on 11/9/08 8:23 am
Hi all :)  I'm new here and thought I would pop in to say hello!  I also have a question about protein.  I am a little over 2 months out and so sick of the chocolate of vanilla protein that I have.  What do you all use?  I heard that they make fruit flavored protein, but I have no idea where to look for it in Tucson.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

oh, and by the way, my name is Dustin, nice to meet you all!  :)
Ann M.
on 11/9/08 9:25 am - Peoria, AZ
Hello Dustin, welcome.  I use AnyWhey.  It has a vanilla smell but virtually no taste.  I mix it in yogurt, make shakes with it and sugar free syrups, mix with lactose/fat free milk in pudding, and make omelets with it.  A friend of mine says GNC has a whey protein called Whole Gain.  It comes in vanilla, chocolate & mango.  She likes it a lot but I haven't tried it.  I've also heard about Champion Whey Banana Scream but haven't tried that either but have heard it's really yummy.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
ginau
on 11/9/08 10:52 am - mesa, AZ
Dustin

Welcome to the board. You might want to check out some of the Nutrition shops  for Matrix, or Nectar products - they  have some fruit flavors.  You can also add  S.f. syrups  to customize - check  out T.J. Maxx - I picked up some there, also you can add a couple spoons of yogurt to  change taste.

Dont be affraid to experiment.

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

JRinAZ
on 11/9/08 12:01 pm - Layton, UT
Welcome Dustin!  My hubby LOVES the Fuzzy Navel Flavor of Nectar by Syntrax.  It resembles a Sunny D orange drink.  He is tapping into my personal favorite which is Banana (by Champion Pure Whey STack).......right now cuz he's out of his Fuzzy Navel!

JEANNA!!!!! Nervous  Any unopened Fuzzy Navel's in your stock?
  Plz say yes!  I want hubby OUT of my stash!  LOL!

When is your next order sweetie pie?  Shopping Spree
We'll be in for a bunch this time around!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

AZtyger
on 11/9/08 11:25 am
thank you both for replying!  I'm going to look into the SF syrups and also the mango protein...  both sound good as a way to change up my routine.  Thanks for the welcome, it's great to know that I am not alone on this journey!

Dustin
Lori G.
on 11/10/08 3:18 am - Phoenix, AZ
Dustin,

I also suggest that you can "jazz" up the flavors by mixing the single serving Crystal Light packages to the Vanilla.  The Orange Sunrise will make it taste like a creamsicle...strawberry, etc.  Also, you can use the Sugar Free syrups that they put in coffee i.e. from DaVinci or Torani (carmel, vanilla, chocolate etc).  Another idea are the flavors that you will find in the baking section of the grocery store (where you would find the Vanilla).  They do not have any sugars or carbs and you can flavor anything you want with them.

Also, go to the recipe forum from obesityhelp and you can find lots of great ideas.

Lori G., BS, RN-C, CBN
Certified Bariatric Nurse & Service Line Coordinator
Certified Obesity Help Support Group Leader
Bariatric Clinical Educator for Paradise Valley Hospital 
602-923-5612  [email protected]                                       
RNYGB 8/2003 (maintained 170# weight loss)

azreggie
on 11/10/08 7:16 am - Tucson, AZ
Fuzzy Navel and Roadside Lemonade are my two favorites, both by Nectar.  I buy it online at vitacost.com.  It comes within a week of ordering.

Reggie

AZtyger
on 11/10/08 10:37 am
 Thanks for all of the great suggestions!  I tried adding some of the orange sunrise crystal light powder to my shake, and it was exactly what i needed.  Really good actually :)   Thanks!
(deactivated member)
on 11/10/08 12:06 pm, edited 11/10/08 12:06 pm - AZ
Hey Dustin,

Here  is my 2 cents because everyone here gave you good advice. Try going to GNC they have different flavors of their protein. I like there brands. I use the MAX protein. Try to see if they will let you sample them right in the store. That's what I did and buy the ones you like. If you buy some and than don't like it when you get home my store will take it back. The GNC I go to is on Union Hills and 91st ave next to Fry's. Nice to meet you on line. If I can be of any help please PM me.

Dawn
Most Active