The date has been set....and approved already!!!!!

flutterbyrobin
on 11/2/08 6:08 am - Prescott Valley, AZ
It took only 41 days from the first day I spoke to Dr. Schlessinger to this past Friday to get all my testing done and approved!  I am truly beyond excited.  Dr. Schlessinger is doing a revision on my stomach stapling in December 1987.  He is doing the RNY on December 9th.  If anyone can give me some pre-op and post-op tips, it would be most helpful.  I attended the support group meeting in PHX last month, and plan to attend again this month.  I am looking forward to being a part of this family!  This is something I didn't have the luxury of last time, and I plan on utilizing it fully this time around!  Be blessed, I know I am. 
By the way, thank you Jen, you are truly a God send to me in all of this. 
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 11/2/08 6:24 am - Tucson, AZ
I am so excited for you.  1987 is a long time and this is a great opportunity for you to take charge again.  Best of luck.  I hear Dr. S is wonderful.
Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

Andrea O.
on 11/2/08 8:56 am
Hi Robin,

I sat next to you at the meeting.  I am so happy that you have been approved!  I knew Jen would be able to help you and that it would all work out!  I am sure you are sooooooo excited!

See you in a couple weeks at the meeting!

andrea

ScottAZ
on 11/2/08 12:45 pm - Charleston, WV
Robin,

You could not ask for a better Dr...He is one hell of a good man.. He did my open rny 6-23-08 and have not had any major issues.. Just follow what he says to do and use all of us on here for support. Looking forward to seeing you at the next meeting..

Scott

Nov 2007 start 6 month diet at 380 lbs 

Ann M.
on 11/2/08 1:14 pm - Peoria, AZ
Way to go Robin.  You've got the best surgeon and the best support around here.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
Dawn T.
on 11/4/08 11:26 am - Phoenix, AZ
Robin - I met you at the last support group, in fact was sitting by Andrea. I'm so very excited for you!!  Please know we are all here for you for support - do you know when your surgery date is yet?

Hope to see you at the next support meeting -

keyboards 001
flutterbyrobin
on 11/8/08 1:46 am - Prescott Valley, AZ
Andie,
Thank you so much for introducing me to Jen.  You were sooooo right about her.  She took the reigns and got it done!  I am looking forward to seeing you again at the meeting.  Thanks for being so kind to me at the first one.  I was REALLY nervous about being there, and you helped me through that.  Have a wonderful day and I will see you next Saturday!!!!
Andrea O.
on 11/10/08 9:53 am
Hi Robin,

I am so happy things worked out!  I will see you Saturday and can't wait to hear how everything is going!

flutterbyrobin
on 11/8/08 1:53 am - Prescott Valley, AZ
So sorry!  I should have thanked the rest of you *****plied to my post, too!  This is exactly what I didn't have in 1987 and am so looking forward to being a part of now!  Each little post means so very much.  It's funny.  I have already begun to feel the effects of the surgery.  I feel as though a very large weight has been lifted from me already.  I can tell my stress level is down and I haven't even seen Dr. S for my pre-op appointment yet!  I have been hiding for 15 years and am so very excited to be breaking free - FINALLY!!!!!
Most Active