Shared Blog/thoughts....

JRinAZ
on 10/31/08 1:21 am - Layton, UT

I'm reflecting this morning.....I typed up this blog this morning on the AZ Grad Forum...thought that some of you may relate so am cutting and pasting....

It's long so just delete if you have important things to do!   Happy Halloween!!

Yipppppeeeeee!  I am sooo excited!  ... You would think that after as many O.H. events that I've been to that I'd opt to stay home and clean my garage!  My garage cleaning isn't as doom and gloom as it once was.  In fact, I actually look forward to sorting through boxes and shedding a few tears over my kid's trophies, pictures, doodles, etc.  We always save garage  cleaning for October and November...cooler temps and "make room for Christmas!"!  LOL!  ....  This time when I get out there, I'll face the dilema of whether to save my bigger clothes (bags and bags) or donate them!

With my first weight loss surgery, I hung on to size 20's forever for some reason.  I easily gave up the 24's and 26's but for some reason the size 18-20 seemed magical and like I'd probably visit it again  (as with old diets in the past).  .... With my revision, I am having a hard time parting with all of my lovely size 12's!  That's where I landed for a very long time and I invested quite a bit of money into that size.  Name brand suits, and jackets, etc.....  My current size includes 3 pairs of long pants and 4 pairs of knee length shorts that fit me.  Shirts can stretch between sizes so I make do with those.  ...  I am smaller than I've been my entire adult life yet I hesitate to invest in myself!  Yup...garage cleaning WILL be difficult this time!

Sooooo, why do I continue going to O.H. events?  LOL!  Well that a big "DUH" for me!!!    My HEAD still needs work!!!  O.H. events "fill my cup"....give me power phrases to replace negative thoughts.....blesses me with new, inspiring friendships to aid in my support.....AND, arms me to go forward and make my new life the very best possible......in whichever size I find myself!!

And.....it was an O.H. event in L.A. a few years ago that launched my career into the Bariatrics world.  I met Dr. Terry Simpson at the event and wound up working for him shortly after that.   I"ve been in the "biz" ever since.  .... Many good things happen at O.H. events!!!  I can't wait for this one!.....So, off I go to the tanning booth to catch one more ray of sunshine.....jump in the shower and head to the airport!!!!  Yipppppeeeee!!!!!  I am such a LOSER!!!

Bigg Halloween Hugggzzzz to all my WLS Buds!!! And....tonight...make it SUGAR FREE!!!!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Most Active